Can't add Certs/Credentials on Nexus 4

Russell Stringham

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
When my phone upgraded to Android 4.3, all of my certificates disappeared (I had one for my company VPN and one for WiFi). I am unable to re-install these certificates, nor can I install new certificates. When I attempt to install certificates, I am prompted to enter the credential storage password. I enter the one I previously used and get a new password prompt. After the first three attempts, I got a message that credential storage had been cleared, but entering a new password (or the same one again) doesn't allow me to proceed (I get another message that credential storage has been cleared and am again prompted for a password).

In the Security/Credential Storage area of Settings, Trusted Credentials shows no certificates. The Clear Credentials option is grayed out/disabled.

I have uninstalled all of the applications that showed in Device Administrators, so that the only item that shows from that option is Android Device Manager (and it is not checked). I have also disabled screen lock and my phone is not encrypted.

Any ideas on what I can do to add credentials?

Last edited:

kevinxbrown

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I get the same (Nexus 4, Android 4.3), and other solutions in other forums don't work (eg entering different passwords multiple times to force it to ask you for a new one).

I need to install a personal certificate to connect to wifi

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Kevin

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63