Hi, Few days back I bought LG Nexus 4 and immediately got Jelly Bean 4.3 update. Last two days I see that my phone battery drained very quickly ~15 hours. Today when I checked the battery usagd, shocked to see Android OS has consumed 90% of battery. Any clue whats wrong with my phone ?

Attached the screen shot.

thanks
    Jayavel
    Attached Thumbnails Nexus 4 Android OS-4.3 is consuming almost 90% of Battery-screenshot_2013-08-23-19-39-53.png  
    08-23-2013 10:38 AM
    Reboot your phone and see if the behaviour changes.
    08-23-2013 10:56 AM
    Hi, Few days back I bought LG Nexus 4 and immediately got Jelly Bean 4.3 update. Last two days I see that my phone battery drained very quickly ~15 hours. Today when I checked the battery usagd, shocked to see Android OS has consumed 90% of battery. Any clue whats wrong with my phone ?

Attached the screen shot.

thanks
    Jayavel
    Lasting 15 hours isn't draining quickly.

When you tap on Android OS, what is the length of the awake time it measured? That's the only number that actually matters.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    08-25-2013 04:20 AM
    Lasting 15 hours isn't draining quickly.

When you tap on Android OS, what is the length of the awake time it measured? That's the only number that actually matters.

15 hours is pathetic. Look at his graft. It shows he didn't do anything with that phone. It was idle. It should have lasted at least a day and a half at idle. In what world do you live in where a phone with those blatant lack of use stats should be okay with a 15 hour drain.
    arifhazwan likes this.
    08-25-2013 06:22 PM
    It seems that 4.3 have some problem with battery life besides it's blurry camera image.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    08-25-2013 06:27 PM
    15 hours is pathetic. Look at his graft. It shows he didn't do anything with that phone. It was idle. It should have lasted at least a day and a half at idle. In what world do you live in where a phone with those blatant lack of use stats should be okay with a 15 hour drain.
    First off, drop your attitude if you're going to post here.

Second of all, 15 hours is not pathetic. We have no idea what his sync settings are, nor do we know what apps he has installed. Given the numbers presented, he had roughly an hour of screen-on time, so his phone certainly wasn't just idling. That is why myself and others have asked for more information.
    08-25-2013 06:55 PM

Second of all, 15 hours is not pathetic. We have no idea what his sync settings are, nor do we know what apps he has installed. Given the numbers presented, he had roughly an hour of screen-on time, so his phone certainly wasn't just idling. That is why myself and others have asked for more information.
    From the looks of it, he doesnt seem to be having a lot of apps used. I mean chrome is his biggest usage. If he says its idle, it probably is idle. When I idle my phone i get hell of a lot more time with smaller discharge
    08-25-2013 07:08 PM
    From the looks of it, he doesnt seem to be having a lot of apps used. I mean chrome is his biggest usage. If he says its idle, it probably is idle. When I idle my phone i get hell of a lot more time with smaller discharge
    Screen usage doesn't lie.
    08-25-2013 07:09 PM

I will post where I want to post, who do you think you are? What attitude did I have? Dude, drop the E-Thuggery. Also, unless you are a mod, don't talk to me like that.

15 hours is pathetic. Period. No phone idiling like that should die in 15 hours. These devices have a couple days of idle.

His phone has issues. OP, you need to get a wakelock detector. Do not listen to the dude who says your battery life isn't bad, It's terrible. There is something keeping your phone awake. 15 hours of idle should have used about 10% of your battery. 1 hour of screen time, roughly should have cost you about 20-25%. That's about 35% of your battery life.

I suspect that you may have the locator bug that others are reporting. Do you have google now enabled? Are your location services turned on? These are causing wake locks with 4.3.

Never settle for an idle phone draining in 15 hours. This isn't 1998 anymore.
    08-25-2013 08:38 PM
    If you don't use the phone, you should actually get 3 to 4 days. There is something very broken in 4.3 for some. After around 3 days it loses sleep.and (mine) even gets warm on standby. A reboot seems to fix this. I don't know how Android works,but if this was Windows it would be a severe memory leak.
    My phone is stock, with no other apps running. Wait for a hotfix.
    I don't have my glasses and can't see how to post a screen shot. But I have 7 hours including 1.7 hours on chrome. Battery is 89% 33% screen 19% chrome 6% standby, all other are under 5%. If I leave phone on for 3 days Android would be the highest followed by Google services.
    08-25-2013 09:04 PM
    I will post where I want to post, who do you think you are? What attitude did I have? Dude, drop the E-Thuggery. Also, unless you are a mod, don't talk to me like that.

15 hours is pathetic. Period. No phone idiling like that should die in 15 hours. These devices have a couple days of idle.

His phone has issues. OP, you need to get a wakelock detector. Do not listen to the dude who says your battery life isn't bad, It's terrible. There is something keeping your phone awake. 15 hours of idle should have used about 10% of your battery. 1 hour of screen time, roughly should have cost you about 20-25%. That's about 35% of your battery life.

I suspect that you may have the locator bug that others are reporting. Do you have google now enabled? Are your location services turned on? These are causing wake locks with 4.3.

Never settle for an idle phone draining in 15 hours. This isn't 1998 anymore.
    Consider not being rude and you won't get the response that you did.

08-25-2013 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD