Nexus 4 getting HOT while charging!

Tedros Abraha

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
My phone gets extremely hot when i connect it to charge overnight and the weird thing is the charging icon shows that its DISCHARGING! I mean the lightning bolt icon isn't there. After 5 hours connected to a wall outlet I'm left with almost empty battery and a very hot phone. But at least I charge it OK during the day under my watch. Anyone having same dilemmas?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
it works fine for me. N4 use to get hot when playing graphics intense games but that issue has been fixed with Android 4.3
what version are you on? try charging from a PC or different wall mount. use different cable.
try to reboot and charge when the phone is shutdown.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
My phone gets extremely hot when i connect it to charge overnight and the weird thing is the charging icon shows that its DISCHARGING! I mean the lightning bolt icon isn't there. After 5 hours connected to a wall outlet I'm left with almost empty battery and a very hot phone. But at least I charge it OK during the day under my watch. Anyone having same dilemmas?

Have you tried using another charger? I would also reboot the phone, if you haven't.

jose3456

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
You shouldnt use another charger unless it is specified for the nexus 4 it could damage you're device

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

jose3456

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes it got hot for me when it was under my pillow charging but it hasn't happened anymore

gusar2000

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
You shouldnt use another charger unless it is specified for the nexus 4 it could damage you're device

You can use any charger which provides USB (5V) interface. And when there is a problem with charging, the easiest way is to try another charger and see the result. May be you charger is broken.

alvintran1998

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
That sometimes happens to me too, I don't know why, but anytime it happens I just unplug the phone, wait for it to cool down and charge again. No problem after that.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463