valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Does the N4 have an eq that I can use while listening to music via Bluetooth in my car? I want to adjust some settings when listening to podcasts or live music apps.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

PcNy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
i don't think Music App's EQ will apply to all apps. and i don't think you can do that on stock ROM too.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Music FX is the stock system equalizer. Rather an app makes use of it depends on how the app is written. Most music apps tend have their own DSP manager, while some make use of the stock one. Even if you download one from the store, it most likely won't be an equalizer for all apps as well. Disabling an apps own DSP manager will typically switch control to the system DSP manager, but that is not always a given.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
i don't think Music App's EQ will apply to all apps. and i don't think you can do that on stock ROM too.

ha so you think EQ is only for music app, since the EQ screen opens up when clicked from music app??
did you notice the music app is white themed and the EQ is black themed(which is system theme)

its a system app called MusicFX check settings-->Apps-->All App-->MusicFX
the EQ is one of the activities(if you know how to trigger activities of apps using Nova launcher) of Music FX app.

most app make use of this stock EQ and changing this will affect most app.

check fernandezhjr comment above.

Last edited:

Sir Alex

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Tried Google Music EQ while playing Pandora. Didn't work. That's too bad.

The Equalizer app in the Play Store used to work beautifully, and then 4.2 upgrade happened. No more.