i dropped my nexus 4 and the whole front screen cracked, unable to unlock my phone using the pattern
    i believe the touch sensor is broken, how can i reset wipe my whole phone with out unlocking it
    i want to place it on ebay but before i do i want to reset everything thats on the phone
    i dont want to ship it out with all my pictures, videos, contacts etc

any help would be great
    09-02-2013 11:39 AM
    i dropped my nexus 4 and the whole front screen cracked, unable to unlock my phone using the pattern
    i believe the touch sensor is broken, how can i reset wipe my whole phone with out unlocking it
    i want to place it on ebay but before i do i want to reset everything thats on the phone
    i dont want to ship it out with all my pictures, videos, contacts etc

any help would be great
    How much are you going to sell a broken phone that doesn't work, on Ebay for when you can buy a brand new one with a 1 year warranty for $200?
    09-02-2013 02:38 PM
    How much are you going to sell a broken phone that doesn't work, on Ebay for when you can buy a brand new one with a 1 year warranty for $200?
    to me it doesnt matter how much i get back for it, i already bought another nexus 4, i just need to wipe out the phone before i hand it over to anyone else but i cant unlock it
    touch panel no longer works
    09-03-2013 07:52 AM
    I think if you press the power button / volume down from memory, you have the option to wipe somewhere on start up.
    09-03-2013 08:20 AM
    You can factory reset your phone by holding the power button and volume down and then using volume keys to select recovery mode. In recovery mode youll see a android with an exclamation mark. Hold power button and quickly press volume up to access the menu (very tricky). Select factory reset using the volume keys and power button.

If for some reason your volume buttons do not work then you could fastboot flash the factory images which wipes data.
    09-03-2013 02:30 PM
    You can factory reset your phone by holding the power button and volume down and then using volume keys to select recovery mode. In recovery mode youll see a android with an exclamation mark. Hold power button and quickly press volume up to access the menu (very tricky). Select factory reset using the volume keys and power button.

If for some reason your volume buttons do not work then you could fastboot flash the factory images which wipes data.

thank you so much very helpful
    09-03-2013 06:06 PM