Nexus 4 on Straight Talk (AT&T SIM) getting No Service

NeutiquamErro

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I recently bought a Nexus 4 with the $45/mo Unlimited Plan. I decided to go with the T-Mobile SIM card initially because I had read that the internet speeds were faster. Indeed, the internet was lightning fast. However, I didn't get a signal at my place of work. One week later, I got my AT&T SIM card in the mail and swapped it out. I went through the usual steps of transferring my number to the new SIM.

However, with the new SIM, I don't get any kind of signal on my phone. At all. It says "No service," even though I can see an AT&T tower from my work place. I don't think it has anything to do with the APN, because I should still be able to get a signal, even without the proper APN settings.

I've restarted my phone several times, and nothing seems to work. Am I missing something? Thanks for your help.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It is the APN settings. You have to change them to the AT&T settings or you'll get the No service message you're seeing. There are proper settings in the "Other Carriers" section of the Carrier Discussion forum.

NeutiquamErro

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
IAmSixNine - I haven't tried that yet, only because I don't want to interrupt the number transfer process. I just called up Straight Talk and gave them my situation. They told me that the process can take several hours, even as much as two days. They said that, until I get my service transferred, the SIM card won't pick up any signals from the towers. All I have left to do is wait and hope that everything works out.

I'll keep you guys updated.

NeutiquamErro

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

The Straight Talk guys were right. After about four hours, the transfer completed and my SIM card came to life. I thought I'd post the results in case this happens to anyone else!

Thanks for your help, everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781