Lost all Contacts on Nexus 4

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
There are no problem of Android losing contacts whatsoever. If you log out of your Google account or clear the Contacts Storage data your contacts will disappear, that's obvious. They'll still be in your Google.com/contacts.

sent from tapatalk

sunnymiller

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I turned on my "Phone" app, and to my dismay, all of my Contacts have disappeared. The weird thing is that most of my contacts are displayed on the "People" app. Now I just see my call history with only numbers and no caller ID.

The even weirder part is when I began to add all of my phone numbers back to my Contacts, through WhatsApp, and everything seemed alright, my contacts were erased a few hours later.

I tried restoring my android contacts and toggled the Show/Hide Contacts feature without any success. Anyone have an answer to my problem?

Thanks for the help :)
Go to https://www.google.com/contacts/> Click More>Click Restore Contacts.....>Tick the duration that you wanted to restore from>Click Restore>Resync your phone with Google.
Hope this can help you.

Last edited:

Bassem BOU GHANNAM

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
hi all
i have Sony SP and i have the same problem and worst , my contacts disappear from my gmail account too , i've try all but nothing work . but as i can remember i make a back up befor this happens by an hour and every time i restore my phone to my backup point i see my contacts coming back for seconds and disappear again , do you think backup has something to do with it ????

golliegu

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me but also noticed I could not receive or send emails.
I went into settings selected my email account selected sync now (top right) and now all is well, all contacts have returned and emails working again

Posted via the Android Central App

Victor Azevedo

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Agreed that this is the correct way to go, but here's a scenario that I'm currently experiencing and am really put off google and gmail because of it.

My gmail account is used for all personal stuff. I've synced my phone, contacts, calendar, music, documents, to it. My Facebook, Twitter, tumblr, Instagram etc are also with this account

Over a week ago google disable my gmail account die to suspicious activity. I mailed them countless times as I hardly use that account and the only explanation I have is that I clicked on a shared file from my boss thinking it was work, when in actual fact it was a suspicious file.

I have had no feedback from google and do t know if I will ever recover my account and now my phone is doing the same. Shows names and number in contacts, but when they SMS, whatsapp or call I only see numbers. I've list so much information that I'm seriously considering never using any google apps ever again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon