278 1234 ...
tools
    Thanks a lot for the solution.
    It helped me and saved a lot of stress.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a lot for the solution.
    It helped me and saved a lot of stress.
    10-21-2013 06:35 AM
    I have the same problem. Phone suddenly turned off after battery 0% warning and won't charge or turn on. Holding down buttons as suggested does not work, no LED just a ticking noise. Before this phone worked perfectly, has had no drops or accidents, just stopped working for no reason. Tried overnight charge - no effect.
    10-23-2013 02:00 AM
    I have the same problem. Phone suddenly turned off after battery 0% warning and won't charge or turn on. Holding down buttons as suggested does not work, no LED just a ticking noise. Before this phone worked perfectly, has had no drops or accidents, just stopped working for no reason. Tried overnight charge - no effect.
    In this case, you may need to send in your Nexus 4 to Google for a warranty repair. Since holding down the buttons and inserting the USB cable didn't work, your problem may be unrelated to the deep hibernation mode. Did you update to 4.3 before this problem occurred?
    10-29-2013 04:35 PM
    Worked like a charm, thank you so much! I thought my phone was 'pooched'. I left it plugged in for a couple of hours and it would not turn on and I was starting to panic. So, like many others I went to the Internet for answers....found your solution, and it worked perfectly. Like some others there was no green android menu, but rather a blinking red light. When it powered up my batter showed 99% complete and it now seems to be working fine. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    11-01-2013 08:54 AM
    Join as a member of this forum to say "thanks a lot."

I encountered this problem few minutes ago. I thought I could have bricked my phone and had to send it to warranty. I tried to save it according to these steps, and then Everything went back.
    I didn't remove the case and just did the step 2 and step 3. It worked perfectly. I saw the green screen and push power key to start it .

Thanks again.
    11-03-2013 02:55 PM
    thx you very much your solution worked having a bad day then this thx again
    11-06-2013 11:11 AM
    I was terrified I had lost my phone ! This worked perfectly, thanks for posting. Almost sent it in for a replacement. I got this problem after charging my phone with my computer, it got super hot & wouldn't turn on.
    11-10-2013 09:54 PM
    I tried doing that multiple times. The green screen thingy did pop up but after that, it became blank and started the red flashing light. My nexus was not charging for some reason. Also, I had a simular problem and I had o replace the battery. Please help if possible.
    11-12-2013 08:13 PM
    I tried doing that multiple times. The green screen thingy did pop up but after that, it became blank and started the red flashing light.
    When you got the green screen, did you see an option to start the phone?
    11-13-2013 10:17 PM
    Thanks a lot
    Just wanted to tell you your tip worked perfectly

After a couple of tries (without taking the lid off) pressing the power button and the volume button for 15 seconds and then plugging in the charger all of a sudden i got a red flashing light and after a few seconds the screen displayed the battery being charged

Regards,

Oded fisher
    11-15-2013 12:43 PM
    Guys,

I water damaged my Nexus 4 yesterday. Got it cleaned up with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol, no damage to the motherboard (logic board) was found. The
    guy who helped with the the attempted repair said that the phone is fine, but it needs a new battery. The phone is blinking RED while on USB/Wall
    charge, which I hear, is a good sign.

So, I tried the 15 second Volume Down + Power button combo to get my phone back to life. I reach the bootloader with the "START" option in
    GREEN font, but then, within a span of 1/2 of second, it says, "RESTART BOOTLOADER" or something akin to that in DARK PINK font and
    it goes back to RED blinking LED again.

Is the battery dead and do I need a replacement?

I've tried this multiple times, both with AC charger and USB and I am doing exactly as you guys advised. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks!!!!
    11-15-2013 05:43 PM
    I tried it multiple times (pressing power key + volume down key and plugging phone to power socket), still my phone is showing blank screen. Can somebody help me?
    11-16-2013 11:33 AM
    My N4 battery went to zero a few days ago and when plugged in, I have a solid red LED light. I've tried everything and nada works. I can't even get to the bootloader screen. Sucker just won't turn on. I've already initiated a warranty exchange.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-16-2013 04:09 PM
    after it starts blinking let go then click the volume down and power button, that's what just worked for me
    11-17-2013 10:10 PM
    A very big thank you for all the help given on this forum I didn't have much time to take the back off before work so I tried the power and volume button and help for 15 seconds and that rebooted it I did have a heart in mouth moment when it wouldn't switch on I'm thinking its only a few months old
    I was very close to taking it in to the repair shop!

All seem to be well with it

THANK YOU
    11-18-2013 03:37 AM
    I water damaged my Nexus 4 yesterday.
    Water damage is difficult to recover from. As far as I can tell, the trick with holding down the buttons and inserting the USB power cable is really for cases where your Nexus 4 doesn't wake up after running out of power. You'll probably have to replace the battery or send your phone to LG for repairs.
    11-18-2013 06:00 PM
    I tried it multiple times (pressing power key + volume down key and plugging phone to power socket), still my phone is showing blank screen. Can somebody help me?
    How long are you holding down the buttons? Some people get their phone to work after 15 seconds, but I've also heard of people who need to hold the buttons down for 60 seconds before inserting the USB power cable.
    11-18-2013 06:08 PM
    I am having the exact same issue.

Water damage+ "restart bootloader" screen

Have you found a solution yet? Or is sending phone for repairs the only option left?
    11-19-2013 07:21 AM
    Above mentioned solutions don't work for me. Notification led remains dead red
    11-21-2013 07:37 AM
    Thanks..yaar...had faced this prob after four months i bought my nexus 4..now its working fine
    11-21-2013 10:09 AM
    Hey guys.
    I dropped my nexus 4 in the pool last month and after 3 days in a rice jar I got it working again, only with the screen slightly defective. (dark and the colors were a little distorted).
    Last night I upgraded to Kitkat 4.4 and after the installation the phone attempted to restart but wont turn on. I only get a dark grey screen. I tried the trick with the power and volume down buttons, held them for 15 seconds, plugged the phone, go the blinking red light but thats it. Nothing happened later, I still have just a dark grey screen.

Any suggestions?
    11-23-2013 04:45 AM
    Nobody had the solution for my problem...
    Thanks bro...
    11-24-2013 03:07 AM
    I hold volume down + power for 15 seconds, plug in cable (tried all different cables) and red light comes up and flashes every few seconds but nothing happens no matter how long I still hold the buttons down. Any ideas?
    11-25-2013 08:04 PM
    I had the same thing happening. Red light kept flashing and nothing happened.
    Once you see red light flashing, wait for few seconds, let go of the volume buttons and press the power button, as if you are switching on the phone.
    The charging symbol should show up. Don't take the charger out. You should keep the phone plugged in. Let it charge for about ten minutes and then switch the phone on while it's charging.
    Hope this helps you...
    Thank you for this post..I now feel like a genius solved the problem all by myself
    Scott7217 likes this.
    11-26-2013 11:42 AM
    I have tried everything you said to do for my Nexus 4 and it still won't turn on, please somebody help me!!! I let the phone charge for 24 hours, tried different chargers,tried different outlets but to no avail my phone still won't turn on just black screen. The phone battery drained all the way yesterday and when I got home to charge it it wouldn't charge anymore or turn on. Went to T-Mobile and told them about it they said they will ship a new phone on Friday but I will lose all my pictures and videos if I didn't back them up and of course I didn't back up so I'm really upset about that. Does anybody else have any advice I can use thank you.
    11-27-2013 01:24 PM
278 1234 ...