On my wife's Nexus 4 the Location Reporting within the Google Maps app is always set to off (location history is on). When she turns it on it will report her location once (viewable in Google Plus Locations), but then reverts to off again. When she goes to location settings in Google Plus Locations she is always offered the dialog box asking her to approve location settings (as if she were visiting for the first time).

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior?
    09-06-2013 01:18 PM
    You don't by chance have something like Qualcomm's Battery Guru installed, do you? Or some other power saving app?
    09-07-2013 09:45 AM
    You don't by chance have something like Qualcomm's Battery Guru installed, do you? Or some other power saving app?
    No, she doesn't have anything like that installed. I'm kind of at a loss.
    09-07-2013 11:31 AM
    No, she doesn't have anything like that installed. I'm kind of at a loss.
    Seems you're not alone in this problem, although I've never seen it myself. You could run down Google's steps for turning location sharing on and see if there's some conflict somewhere, but otherwise I don't see an agreed-upon solution for this from scanning the thread at the first link. One guy reported success from turning off Google Play's auto updates, though.
    KJ likes this.
    09-08-2013 08:55 AM
    Seems you're not alone in this problem, although I've never seen it myself. You could run down Google's steps for turning location sharing on and see if there's some conflict somewhere, but otherwise I don't see an agreed-upon solution for this from scanning the thread at the first link. One guy reported success from turning off Google Play's auto updates, though.
    Thanks for the advice. You inspired me to uninstall the updates for Google Play Services and then re-update the app. It seems to be reporting the location as expected now. I guess something must have got gummed up during an update.
    Citizen Coyote likes this.
    09-08-2013 01:32 PM