Downloaded 4.2.3 System Update, How to delete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toky0dreams

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I searched online and on the forums before posting this thread. I have read there have been numerous issues regarding the new update for the nexus 4. Since i'm a control freak and don't want to risk going through the hassle of troubleshooting an already "smooth" 4.2 Nexus 4, I decided to NOT install the update. However, there is still the "notification" at the top of the phone. Does anyone know how to remove this notification or how to DELETE the system update file?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-13-12-55-43.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-13-12-55-43.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 53

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why you're holding off on updating to 4.3 (there is no 4.2.3 as far as I know). The "multitude of problems," as someone else said in another thread, are greatly exaggerated. That said, you can try to delete the update file using a file manager app. You may have to have root first as noted above, and no guarantees the phone won't just download it again later.

toky0dreams

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
sorry for the typo on 4.2.3 update.

One of the main reasons I don't want the update is because 1. the online chatter about the issues, particularly the battery. I've only had the nexus for about a week, and the battery issue without the update already alarms me...I used it moderately yesterday and the phone barely lasted the day. 2. i've downloaded the update on my galaxy tablet and it is horrible. Yes, the two devices are different...

either way, thanks for the replies!

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
sorry for the typo on 4.2.3 update.

One of the main reasons I don't want the update is because 1. the online chatter about the issues, particularly the battery. I've only had the nexus for about a week, and the battery issue without the update already alarms me...I used it moderately yesterday and the phone barely lasted the day. 2. i've downloaded the update on my galaxy tablet and it is horrible. Yes, the two devices are different...

either way, thanks for the replies!

Umm. Those issues are completely overblown.
Your galaxy tab is
A. Not on 4.3
B. Nothing like a Nexus 4.

Updating greatly boosts battery life.

Posted via Android Central App

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I would always recommend updating, but to answer your question, there's no way to get rid of the notification or stop your device from downloading the update unless you root your phone. For security and compatibility reasons, stock Android is designed to insist that you use the latest OS version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance