Nexus 4 or new one?

Angelh23

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this is the best way to get this question answered, but I was wondering if you guys could give me your advice on a new device. My contract is ending with Verizon and was looking to move to a prepaid carrier. I'm thinking of buying a nexus 4, but I don't know if it makes sense being that a new one is coming out. However, I want to get out of Verizon as soon as possible. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App

lmvine

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I bought a N4 when they reduced the price & use H2O. My understanding of N5 is slightly bigger screen & bat. IMO would depend on price of N5. Nort sure how long N4 will be available. Looks like Goog following same script as when they introduced new N7.

PlusJack

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I'd wait until the new one. It won't be long, and it can't be that much more expensive than the current one. I'd guess $300.

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
If we can get things our way. Why not buy the n4 now and still get the new nexus when it releases.

Personally I would buy a n4 (which I did) now and when the new nexus drops get it after a little bit of time out on the market.

shn'g

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
It depends on what phone you have now, your funds and if you can wait a month or so.
I just bought the nexus 4. When I saw the price I couldn't pass it up! I am coming from an iPhone 4 and this thing just blows it away in every aspect, so for me I can wait another couple years before I will want the latest and greatest phone again.
If you want to save $100 or more, need to do it quick, and know what type of phone the nexus is to me its a great deal.

Sent from my Nexus 4

kurioskurion

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Buy Nexus 4 now and have Verizon.. when 5 comes out, buy 5 and eBay 4. Bet you don't lose much if any money.

Sicily1918

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Your conundrum here is this: do you get the 16GB N4 now, at $250, or wait and see what the new one is and what the new price will be... the N5 might be amazing and still $350, or it could go for $400 or so, but unfortunately you can only do one or the other; by the time the new one is announced you might not be able to buy the N4 anymore (either because it sold out or is no longer sold through the Play Store).

Personally, I jumped on the N4 because it was too good a deal to pass up and will realistically be supported and going strong 18 months from now (after the 'N6' device has been out), and now that I'm out of contract on T-Mo, I figure I can upgrade to the N5 whenever I want, even if it's next year around this time when they discount the N5 $100 (assuming that happens).

Sicily1918

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Buy Nexus 4 now and have Verizon.. when 5 comes out, buy 5 and eBay 4. Bet you don't lose much if any money.
N4 does not work on Verizon -- only GSM carriers (T-Mo, AT&T, or other GSM carrier) -- so he'll have to drop Verizon either way first.

Now, the second statement is probably somewhat true, if history's any teacher -- the GNex did not drop much in price after the N4 came out, something I never understood... $350 for a used GNex or $350 for a new N4... uhhhh... what?

JoeZone

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the n4 and I love it, waiting for the next one. It will be worth the wait. Not going to sell n4 either as it will become rare. I do like the other phones coming out now and do miss SD storage but once I switched to the nexus line I dig it.

Angelh23

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the Gnex, but unfortunately it's starting to get slow. I also wouldn't mind going to a prepaid carrier. Or have the ability to switch carriers if I wanted to.