Powering the phone without using the power button and other issues??

ozzy1979

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I hope this is the place for this post, sorry if it isn't.

I recently dropped my nexus 4 in the toilet (thankfully I had already flushed), the power button and phone seemed to be working fine.

Now (1 day later) the power button has stopped working, my thumb is now very sore. I managed to start the phone with lots of pressing eventually but I need a way to start the phone without my thumb eventually falling off.

I then downloaded smart screen on lite (which I didn't understand) and smart screen off ...... then I screwed things up. I tried to force stop smart screen and then the screen went blank but if I used the volume rocker then I could hear the ring tone adjusting and randomly the screen would show. I then reset the phone at one of the times the screen would work.

When reset, the phone works (power button excluded) but as soon as I linked it to my google account the same problem occurred as it automatically downloads the two apps that screwed the phone to begin with.

My second question is, is there a way to stop the phone automatically downloading an app when I link it to google again? I have contacted google and there isn't a way to remove the app from google play.

Help!

Thanks for reading and for any help in advance.

Ozzy

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Your phone has probably had it. Electronics and water don't mix well, but more so water and phone hardware. Your only hope is to completely dismantled it and clean and thoroughly dry everything. Maybe bake it in the oven for an hour at 50 degrees to make sure it is entirely dried out. Don't let the temperature go higher than that or you will wreck some of the electronics.

Even then the life of the phone will be limited and you should exchange it at the first opportunity.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
See this video for how to open up your Nexus 4. I wouldn't go beyond simply opening the case (don't even remove the battery unless there is obvious water under it), but pay particular attention to the part where he shows how to remove the power and volume button controls. Use a can or two of "canned air" (your local office supply store, for one) to blow away all signs of moisture.

Reassemble (watch the rest of the video) and test.

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Definitely thinking water damage. But in answer to your second question, if by reset you mean factory reset, just uncheck the option to restore you data and apps when setting it up. You can redownload apps from the play store under MyApps after.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay