camera completely gone.

Rodger Myles

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
recently the camera ap (after jelly update?) is no longer there. I have searched all the dark corners of the device and done an i-search but to no avail. Advice appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Well that's odd. Go to Settings/Apps/All, and look for Camera. If you don't see it in the C's, then scroll all the way to the bottom to see if it's among any Disabled apps. If you see it there, select it and Enable it.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well that's odd. Go to Settings/Apps/All, and look for Camera. If you don't see it in the C's, then scroll all the way to the bottom to see if it's among any Disabled apps. If you see it there, select it and Enable it.

You won't find it in Apps listed as Camera; the stock camera seems to be part of the Gallery app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, is that a Nexus 4 peculiarity? All of my devices with front facing cameras have always had a specific Camera app.

Posted via Android Central App

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh, is that a Nexus 4 peculiarity? All of my devices with front facing cameras have always had a specific Camera app.

Posted via Android Central App

Could be; I don't know.

But your question reminded me of something: poster, try opening the Gallery app and then tap the camera icon at top right of the screen. Does that work?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you're looking under "All" in the Settings/Apps menu? You have to scroll over to the right to see the "All" list.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you're looking under "All" in the Settings/Apps menu? You have to scroll over to the right to see the "All" list.

There is no listing for Camera (or any variant thereof) in the All Apps tab. This has been discussed before and the consensus seems to be that the Camera is now part of the Gallery app.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01