Nexus 4 can SEE my wi-fi network, but won't join it--HELP!

davidjohnsonpdx

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
For no apparent reason today, my Nexus 4 dropped the connection with my wi-fi network. The wi-fi symbol (with gray or blue bars) doesn't show up in the status bar, at all. I've tried everything I can think of--unplugged the modem, turned off/on the phone's wi-fi, restarted the phone...nada. My wife has a Nexus 4, and it recognizes the network with no problem. Same with our computer. So there's obviously no problem with the modem itself. I've also tried forgetting the modem's password in the hopes that entering the password again would help, but nothing. The phone shows the network in the list of available wi-fi networks, but when I select mine and hit "connect," literally nothing happens. I'm completely baffled--anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Try this:

Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Menu -> Advanced. If "Wi-Fi frequency band" is set to anything other than Auto, change it and see if that fixes the problem.

josuerios777

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Also try changing your IP address to the same one as your wife's if you can. That's in the advanced Wi-Fi settings too I think. That's what solved my problem at a cafe where I needed Wi-Fi but couldn't connect.

Posted via my lag-free, always updated Nexus 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463