First time posting here, but been a lurker for a while.

Anyway, I have been having SOD issues with my new Nexus 4 and have read on a couple of forums/articles around the internet that the Nexus 4 (and other devices) suffer from the SOD. Many believe the cause is Android 4.3, but I had it with 4.2.2. I have tried lots of different methods/fixes etc. I have tried different apps, uninstalling apps, resetting phone and even the Cyanogen Mod. (CM 10.1.2 & CM 10.1.3)

I am running out of ideas. I have thoroughly searched the internet, but might have missed something. I have tried to force the SOD and it occurs when the device goes into deep sleep. Plugging in the charger can wake it, but the power button does not. It does not SOD while charging. I am truly stuck and considering returning the device.

Could anyone shed any light on the topic? Help is very much appreciated!

Update: I just re-flashed the phone with CM10.1.2 mako (Android 4.2.2, JDQ39E) to see if this helps. Currently okay so far.
    09-23-2013 05:55 PM
    It appears flashing the CM 10.1.2 again (after wiping all existing data) has solved the problem and more. The last thing to test is sleep over night, but so far no issues and battery life has gone up while idle/sleep (discharges about 2 - 4% per hour instead of 10%). No more random lag (which I thought was normal).

The Nexus 4 is a gorgeous device. This whole experience, although upsetting and annoying (missed alarms for work, missed calls, time and date whacked out, keyboard failures, the list goes on) has been good for learning. If anyone wants to know exactly what I did, (you also have this issue and hope that my attempt at fixing helps you fix yours or you are genuinely curious) PM me or post a reply. I'll be happy to explain.

Update: It seems whenever it is now in my pocket the SOD happens, but only pressed against my leg. Too hot? Or pressure related?
    09-23-2013 08:47 PM
    Hey, my unrooted N4 just went into the same sleep state about an hour ago. It was on terribly low charge, was plugged into my laptop but I guess it wasn't pulling enough charge. Suddenly the LED light flashed a couple of times, and its now completely unresponsive. Power button does nothing. I put it on charge through a proper wall charger, and am waiting for any response. None yet. Any help will be appreciated, quite worried as of now
    09-25-2013 10:03 AM
    Hey, my unrooted N4 just went into the same sleep state about an hour ago. It was on terribly low charge, was plugged into my laptop but I guess it wasn't pulling enough charge. Suddenly the LED light flashed a couple of times, and its now completely unresponsive. Power button does nothing. I put it on charge through a proper wall charger, and am waiting for any response. None yet. Any help will be appreciated, quite worried as of now
    Unplug it, hold the power and volume down buttons at the same time and then plug itit back into the wall charger...while still holding the buttons give it a few seconds to see if it boots up. Then leave it on the charger until fully charged
    09-25-2013 02:22 PM
    I never ended up solving the issue. Recently flashed PA. I reduced the frequency of the issue somewhat, but I have noticed that keeping music playing has stopped the SOD. I started it 10pm yesterday and till now (10:15am NZ) and no issues yet. I'm using Omich Player which is free on the Play Store, Paranoid Android 3.99.1-RC1 and I don't believe there are any other apps in the background influencing this change. I will try this with other players and apps to see if they change anything. I have not found any wakelock controlling apps that help the SOD issue either. I'm kinda used to the issue now (turning off my phone when I don't need it and using an old alarm clock), so I wont be needing any help anymore, but there is still chance to help others here.
    12-04-2013 03:47 PM
    Yep, sounds like a very low charge/power issue. (Had this after camping and forgetting about the damn SOD still using power...) @Frenziedfemale, sometimes the charge is so low that this does not work. @Lakshya Agrawal, In the case that it does boot up, there is also a chance that the device will shut down immediately after boot. If this happens, use the original wall charger or a device that has charged the phone before and leave it plugged in for a few hours and then try boot again. It should eventually charge, but in some cases it will trickle charge (charge very slowly until booted with adequate power to stay on, which could be 5% - 15% battery. I think trickle charge is used when battery reaches 100% and is left on the charger so the battery isn't over charged to prevent battery explosion). This means it can take some time (about 5 hours constant charge for me). Hope this helps.
    12-04-2013 04:00 PM