Volume Booster Apps?

tcharette24

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
First off, do you guys agree that during a call the external speaker & the overall voice volume on the earpiece is lower than ideal? (If not I will schedule a ear/hearing exam immediately)*

With that said, have you ever tried an App that claims to increase the MAX speaker volume or earpiece voice call volume ("volume booster","Speaker Booster")? Do any work? I have tried a couple of the free ones and they do not seem to increase the volume level. I'm willing to shell out some sheckles for one that I know works.

Posted via Android Central App

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
In general, I'm pretty happy with my N4's speaker. I find the audio quality to be quite acceptable, given that it's a tiny, single speaker. However, it isn't what I would ever describe as loud, and honestly it doesn't take a lot of competing ambient noise to drown the thing out. Two friends of mine have HTC EVO Design 4Gs, and they are waaaaaaaaaaay louder than my phone. In fact, I was at my one friend's house the other day, was playing some Green Day, and she was like, "Hey, flip your phone over so you're not playing into the carpet." And I was like... "It *is* flipped over."

I don't know if it's physically possible to boost the volume on the N4, but absolutely if it can be done, I'd be interested, too.

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem but because I don't make a lot of phone calls, I'm just going to wait until the next Nexus.

This is my second Nexus 4, I had it replaced through insurance and the old one had the same problem.

tcharette24

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Actually I'm really just talking about the volume level only during a call. Both speaker and earpiece even with volume all the way up seem a bit low. Especially when the speakerphone is in use. I don't have such of a complaint and the volume is OK when say streaming Google music or any other audio output for that matter. Its just in-call that I'm not satisfied with. There are Apps similar to the one I linked below & I was wondering if anyone tried them & if they work. Absolutely love everything about my Nexus4 and the pure Android experience but its my only complaint about the device and at the end of the day it's primary function is still Phone 1'st.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.TEST.android.lvh&hl=en

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech