How to see the calls history from a contact?

Paul VAYSSIERE

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have a nexus 4 and I really have some troubles with how to check the calls history from a contact.

To explain more, here is an example:
  1. I receive a call from "contact A"
  2. I receive 30 calls from other people during this day
  3. Then I receive another call from my "contact A"

I would now find all the calls from my contact A.
The logic would be that somewhere, I click on a contact and get all the call logs for him...
But when I do that from the history calls interface, I only get the last call, not all the calls from my "contact A".

Does somebody know how I could get the feature I had in my previous phone (a samsung gio with android 2.3) ?

Thank you very much for your help.
Paul

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If you open the Phone app and then tap the clock at the top you get your call history. Then tap the contact that you wish to view. This works for me hope it does for you too

Paul VAYSSIERE

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Nope, that is the problem. It only show the last call of my "contact A". Not all of them.

Unless if I have multiple calls with my contact without interruption by another contact. In this case it appears like it should be...

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
When your there click on the middle section of the contact (name and number) a list should appear.

The original poster is correct; the list is truncated, often to just the single entry for the call which was tapped.

For example, if I look in the history list, I see several calls from my wife and others from my son. If I tap one of these, I typically see only the info for that one call. The ONLY time I see a list of calls is when there was more than one call incoming or outgoing from/to that same number on the same day.

So, let's say I spoke with my wife on the 15th, the 13th, three times on the 12th, and once again on the 10th. When I tap the entry for the 15th in the call history, that is the only call in the list. Same when I tap the 13th or the 10th. However when I tap any one of the calls from the 12th, the list shows all three calls from that day.

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I have a nexus 4 and I really have some troubles with how to check the calls history from a contact.

To explain more, here is an example:
  1. I receive a call from "contact A"
  2. I receive 30 calls from other people during this day
  3. Then I receive another call from my "contact A"

I would now find all the calls from my contact A.
The logic would be that somewhere, I click on a contact and get all the call logs for him...
But when I do that from the history calls interface, I only get the last call, not all the calls from my "contact A".

Does somebody know how I could get the feature I had in my previous phone (a samsung gio with android 2.3) ?

Thank you very much for your help.
Paul

Ex dialer is your best bet... Not possible in stock dialer..

AC@Nexus4

nizamm

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Finally, I see someone with the same problem!

This is SUCH AN ANNOYING problem. I can't believe GOOGLE out of all people missed such a BASIC MANDATORY FEATURE!!!!!!!

GAH!1 :mad:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad