nexus 4 apk file installation problem

mrinal_nexus

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I am a new user of nexus 4. I downloaded some apk file from my pc and transfer it to download folder of nexus 4. But the problem is that, apk file not visible in my phone download and i can't install it. so please help me.....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Install a good 3rd party file manager app like Total Commander, and use it to navigate to the Downloads folder. You can open the file from there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can download it directly here: Total Commander - Android

As a general warning, though, don't make a habit of downloading and installing apks from random sites, because (a) you have a higher chance of installing malware, and (b) some of those apk files may be for apps that are supposed to be for purchase (i.e., pirated). Whenever possible, you should install apps from legitimate sites like Google Play, Amazon Appstore, GetJar, etc.

mrinal_nexus

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
You can download it directly here: Total Commander - Android

As a general warning, though, don't make a habit of downloading and installing apks from random sites, because (a) you have a higher chance of installing malware, and (b) some of those apk files may be for apps that are supposed to be for purchase (i.e., pirated). Whenever possible, you should install apps from legitimate sites like Google Play, Amazon Appstore, GetJar, etc.

i have downloaded the .apk file from my pc. please tell me next step like.....
a) in which folder i put the .apk file
b)and how to find that .apk file from my nexus 4
please tell......don't ignore....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, now you're going to run into the same problem you started off with--that is, if you transfer the Total Commander apk file to the Downloads folder, you may not be able to see it when you open the Downloads app. I'm not exactly sure why that happens, but I suspect that in order for the Downloads app to see a file, it has to downloaded by the phone itself, and not copied there from a computer (probably has something to do with the Download Manager app).

I think you may just have to wait until you have internet access available so you can install Total Commander directly on your phone via Google Play.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure you just need a file explorer on your phone like es file explorer and in settings check the unknown sources box to allow the installation.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure you just need a file explorer on your phone like es file explorer and in settings check the unknown sources box to allow the installation.

The problem for the OP would be getting ES File Explorer installed in the first place if he doesn't have internet access on the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I figured that when the OP said his phone was out of Internet, he meant that he only has an Ethernet connection for his computer at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC