Nexus 4 - Settings page randomly pop up

onomatopoeia.ss

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I had been using my new Nexus 4(4.3) for few weeks, whenever I'm using Facebook or other apps, the settings page keep displaying for no reason. Initially I suspected there's no internet connection, so Android prompted me to enable my Wifi(which is always on) or cellular for internet connection. However, i found that it just pop up randomly even though im connected to the internet.

I did install a few launcher - Smart and Espier(iOS7) but I doubt they are causing the issue.

Anyone facing similar issues?

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
As a feature of some 3rd party launchers, certain gestures may be used to perform tasks. Perhaps the launcher you?re using has a gesture (e.g., double-tapping, swipe up, swipe down, etc) that acts as a shortcut to launching the settings menu.

omarthomas

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Note 3/ Nexus 4 - Settings page randomly pop up

I have a Samsug Note 3 and I had the same problem. I found out that it is the Espier IOS Launcher for the IOS 6 version, not the IOS 7 version. I noticed that I would open up and go on the Espier IOS 7 Launcher; go on the Mobile Portal and it would take me to my settings page (not the web page; thats what it's supposed to do). I would have to press the back button and then I would be at the page that I was to be on. This would happen to me over and over. I had a few other applications that this would happen on. I started to delete the applications that I recently put on my phone to see if that was the problem. None of them had the problem. Finally I tried to push on the Espier Launcher IOS 6 version and it would not open, it would just crash. I unstalled the program and SUCCESS once I did that I have not had the problem with the settings page opening up randomly anymore.

The bottom line (for me that is) is that I think when the program updated itself it did not install properly or the program is not working properly anymore.

I hope this help who ever is having this problem or a simililar one. It was getting me mad and took me days to finally figure it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC