Putting flash on a nexus 4/5

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to put flash on a nexus 4? Will it be likely that flash can be put on a nexus 5 too if so?

Most likely not. Google is a big believer in HTML5 and purposely went away from flash. Dont worry... the rest of the world is trying to play catchup and move to HTML5 as well.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Adobe no longer supports Flash on any Android platform beyond 4.0. You can still download Flash and use it on a browser such as Fox, Boat or Dolphin.

Is it possible to put flash on a nexus 4? Will it be likely that flash can be put on a nexus 5 too if so?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Most likely not. Google is a big believer in HTML5 and purposely went away from flash. Dont worry... the rest of the world is trying to play catchup and move to HTML5 as well.

just a little correction!!!

Most likely Yes!!! since it works on 4.3(need to be sideloaded) it should be the same for 4.4(need to be sideloaded)

Yes, Google is a big believer in HTML5 but they didnt go away from flash, Adobe did!! they stopped supporting flash and restricted it on phones.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
just a little correction!!!

Most likely Yes!!! since it works on 4.3(need to be sideloaded) it should be the same for 4.4(need to be sideloaded)

Yes, Google is a big believer in HTML5 but they didnt go away from flash, Adobe did!! they stopped supporting flash and restricted it on phones.

I would say Google stopped supporting flash, since chrome for android does not support flash.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes Adobe has quit supporting Flash for Android. Last month was the final update. But this comes long after Google abandoned it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Considering I just read via Adobe's [URL="https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?link=https%3A%2F%2Fclkde.tradedoubler.com%2Fclick%3Fp%3D264355%26a%3D3068880%26g%3D22804962%26epi%3DUUacUvbUpU3134504%26epi2%3Dvbac%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.adobe.com%252Fdevnet%252Fflashplatform%252Fwhitepapers%252Froadmap.html%2522&token=96zr8s66]Flash Roadmap[/URL] that Adobe will no longer provide bug fixes OR security updates for the Android Flash Player I just uninstalled Flash to see how I make due for awhile. I really think Jobs hit the nail on the head with Flash mobile.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I am sorry to say this but your comment is pointless ,wrong and don't make any sense at all....

Google is not the one who stopped building flash. Adobe did it Adobe stops mobile Flash development, will focus on HTML5 - TechSpot

and Google have no control over flash

And why should Adobe have continued developing Flash if Google had already abandoned it? His point is valid. Chrome has not supported flash. When I first got my N4, I installed AOSP browser for flash support. In the past few months, I saw Flash get five updates for Android, despite the fact that Google had already abandoned it. Since Google isn't the one that develops Flash, it isn't the one that stopped development for Flash, but Google did abandon Flash long before Adobe ceased development. I think this is the point he is making, he just worded it badly.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I am sorry to say this but your comment is pointless ,wrong and don't make any sense at all....

Google is not the one who stopped building flash. Adobe did it Adobe stops mobile Flash development, will focus on HTML5 - TechSpot

and Google have no control over flash

I never said Google built flash, I said they stopped supporting it, which they did. Google chrome(the default browser for android) does not support flash. Never has, never will. Seems your comment is pointless...

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If I use a different browser (firefox, opera) can I use flash on the nexus 5?

Yes. You will need to download the most up to date version for android 4.x and use Boat Browser or Next browser.. I think opera will work as well but not sure about latest version of Firefox as I have never tried that one.
Understand that this does not enable you to play flash games..just view flash videos and such. You will need to go into settings in your browser to enable flash as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34