How to remove Widgets from the Menu ?

Dude905

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi ... How can I remove Widgets from the Widget Menu ? Not from the home screen but from the menu , I try to hold down a widget but all that does is pop up a home screen as to where to place it . Thx

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can't remove Widgets from the App Drawer. Widgets are usually part of an app, so you need to uninstall the app (or they're system widgets, which you can't uninstall anyway unless you're rooted). What widget are you trying to uninstall?

Dude905

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Mostly from the apps ones . It just seem to have many and some apps have more than one widget which I will never use , though I will use the app but I don't need to have the extra widget .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Mostly from the apps ones . It just seem to have many and some apps have more than one widget which I will never use , though I will use the app but I don't need to have the extra widget .

You shouldn't have to look at that Widget list too often anyway, since it simply shows the Widgets you have available. But mattatwar1 is correct, there are 3rd party launcher apps like Nova Launcher that allow you to hide apps or widgets in the App Drawer.

Dude905

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
You shouldn't have to look at that Widget list too often anyway, since it simply shows the Widgets you have available. But mattatwar1 is correct, there are 3rd party launcher apps like Nova Launcher that allow you to hide apps or widgets in the App Drawer.
That true . I'm new with cell phones , Its my first one . I'm also new with using Android of any versions . I just thought I would ask if there was a way . Thanks for your input

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

bijjala sharath

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
1. Open "Settings" and go to "Application Manager" (On some devices, Apps)
2. Go to "All" tabs and tap the Widget to uninstall
3. Hit "Uninstall" and confirm the process

Uday Sanganal

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi even i had same problem. You can follow steps to get rid of this.

1. Go to Launcher Settings
2. Go to Drawer Settings.
3. Uncheck the "Enable drawer tabs"

Thats it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith