Help me... my N4 has a serious problem

Geun Il Park

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi, nice to meet you. First i want to say that i'm not good at English because i'm Korean, so just ignore grammatical mistakes.
Because i leave in Korea i had to order my phone from the Korean google play store and EXPANSYS? company bought for me.
My N4 came this tuesday and i was so looking forward to using it. so i booted up the phone as i opened the package i entered my google account and set up my wifi.
after that i found that my n4's softkey (the back button) didn't exist.... and it started to freeze.
so i found my phone keep rebooting>>>(google logo>>nexus logo>>vibrate>>google logo........./repeat)
i even tried factory reset but it just helped my phone to resist longer... what i mean is that my phone works well if i just leave my phone after 5hours but it restarts again if i use it for a longtime and i need to factory reset my phone again and again.Also even there are no freezes if i shutdown my phone and try to reboot the same problem appears
>>because of this phenomenon i don't think it's a hardware or bad battery.)
So what i want to ask you is that will my phone get better if i open my backcover with my driver and do the same thing as the solution of the red led problem?) i even used the toolkit 2.0.0 version to restore my phone but it didn't work.
what shoud i do? ㅠㅠ
it's hard for replacement or fixing caus there is just one factory which fix myN4.....(GOD DAMN LG)
I hope you understand my bad English and i want you guys to know that i'm really desperate.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, nice to meet you. First i want to say that i'm not good at English because i'm Korean, so just ignore grammatical mistakes.
Because i leave in Korea i had to order my phone from the Korean google play store and EXPANSYS? company bought for me.
My N4 came this tuesday and i was so looking forward to using it. so i booted up the phone as i opened the package i entered my google account and set up my wifi.
after that i found that my n4's softkey (the back button) didn't exist.... and it started to freeze.
so i found my phone keep rebooting>>>(google logo>>nexus logo>>vibrate>>google logo........./repeat)
i even tried factory reset but it just helped my phone to resist longer... what i mean is that my phone works well if i just leave my phone after 5hours but it restarts again if i use it for a longtime and i need to factory reset my phone again and again.Also even there are no freezes if i shutdown my phone and try to reboot the same problem appears
>>because of this phenomenon i don't think it's a hardware or bad battery.)
So what i want to ask you is that will my phone get better if i open my backcover with my driver and do the same thing as the solution of the red led problem?) i even used the toolkit 2.0.0 version to restore my phone but it didn't work.
what shoud i do? ㅠㅠ
it's hard for replacement or fixing caus there is just one factory which fix myN4.....(GOD DAMN LG)
I hope you understand my bad English and i want you guys to know that i'm really desperate.

Welcome to the forums.
Since the Nexus 4 is no longer for sale, this sounds like a refurbished unit. Is there anyway you can get your money back?

Geun Il Park

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Oh, acutually it's only about 6months that Google started to sell the N4 in the Korea google playstore because Lg thought N4 could give a negative effect on their optimus G...
So N4 Is now on sale in Korea.....i heard that 8gb is about 299dollars
but i think you are right, i don't think this device is new.....

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
안녕하세요. 넥서스4 사신지 얼마 안됐으니 구글에 연락해보세요. 교환 하셔야 될거 같네요. 저는 산지 3주 됐는데 아무 문제 없어요.

I'm Korean but I'm not good at Korean (fail, I know) so I'll write the rest of my message in English. I'm pretty sure your Nexus 4 has a defect because I bought mine almost three weeks ago and have no problems.

I think it's best for you to contact Google because they have a return policy as long as it's within the 15 days after you have received your device. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC