Android 4.4 kit kat on nexus 4

Alex_Hong

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not planning to get the Nexus 5, so I'm excited about having kit kat on my 4. Maybe it's just sour grapes, but I like the slightly smaller size of the Nexus 4 better :) Don't really need 5", or 1080p, or snapdragon 800. The Nexus 4 specs are more than enough for my needs. I just hope 4.4 will improve the battery life.

I'm wondering about nexus 5's battery life. Its only 200mah more, but has LTE, more powerful processor, 1080p screen at 5". All uses more battery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Googles claim that 4.4 will optimize low and med end devices resulting in faster, smoother and more efficient operation. If that can be said for low and med level devices then that should mean that the already fast and smooth N4 should be even better with 4.4.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Googles claim that 4.4 will optimize low and med end devices resulting in faster, smoother and more efficient operation. If that can be said for low and med level devices then that should mean that the already fast and smooth N4 should be even better with 4.4.

The hope of this has me pretty excited. Probably more than I should be.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei

Tuco Ramirez

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Having release 4.4 on my Nexus 4 will be nice. But there isn't really anything I find about the changes in 4.4 that overwhelms me or "excites" me.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
AOSP 4.4 is already available that can be flashed. Soon the factory images will be able from Google which can also be flashed but I guess most people will wait for the OTA update which make take a week or so.

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm not buying an N5, either, so 4.4 on an N4 is much more important to me personally. That doesn't mean I don't care about the N5, or the N5 getting 4.4. That's really awesome. It's also really awesome that the GNS and lots of other older hardware will also eventually get 4.4, as this just sticks it in Apple's face all the more.

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site

This would make my phone perfect for me!!! Just hope it works out like they say

sent from Nexus 4 Posted via Android Central App

nazem

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so when do you guys think its coming out? for the nexus devices?
GPE phones are getting it in 15 days.
I'm most likely wrong but i feel like google is delaying the nexus ota's so they can release them along side the GPE phones. That's just what i think.

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I love not being stuck in a walled garden by using Google's products. From what I'm seeing of the N5 with 4.4, my N4 with 4.4 will give me a lot of satisfaction.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
+1 there isn't enough hardware changes for me to upgrade. So far my nexus 4 is perfect

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so when do you guys think its coming out? for the nexus devices?
GPE phones are getting it in 15 days.

According to the 4.4 announcement, the roll out will be: Nexus 4, 7, 10, the Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One Google Play edition devices. If this is the case the N4 will be first in line. A couple of days ago someone also said that the individual device roll outs will go to the largest markets first.,,US, UK, Europe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC