I am using both my Nexus 4 and my Nexus 7 as book readers, using Google Play Books and others.

My problem is the sync between the phone and tablet. Right now Google is syncing but not accurately, often 10 or more pages off. This also happens with other clients, across the board the most common is no sync.

I keep wondering if this a problem with my tablet, or are all the big names (google, Kindle, B&N) unable to sync properly for anybody.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    11-04-2013 11:17 PM
    I use the Kindle app on two HTC phones and on a Xperia tablet and use the Kindle Paperwhite, sometimes I've to force a sync one or two times but never saw different pages on the devices after syncing.
    11-05-2013 03:37 AM
    I am using both my Nexus 4 and my Nexus 7 as book readers, using Google Play Books and others.

My problem is the sync between the phone and tablet. Right now Google is syncing but not accurately, often 10 or more pages off. This also happens with other clients, across the board the most common is no sync.

I keep wondering if this a problem with my tablet, or are all the big names (google, Kindle, B&N) unable to sync properly for anybody.

this probably might be the delay in syncing from a device. Its definitely not a hardware issue.
    11-05-2013 09:18 AM
    I cannot seem to force a sync in any client anymore. It used to be available but no longer.

11-05-2013 11:09 AM
    I cannot seem to force a sync in any client anymore. It used to be available but no longer.

It's this circle on the upper right corner of the Kindle starting screen.
    11-05-2013 11:20 AM
    Maybe I noticed what kind of error caused the sync problem that you mentioned in your first post.

Using the phone's/tablet's Back button doesn't save local the last read page anymore ... you've to use the app's own side menu (upper left corner) to get back to the Kindle start page, then the last read page will be saved local.
    See, without saved local the right page can't be synced over the Kindle server to your other devices.
    11-07-2013 04:19 AM