nexus 4 shuts off but has plenty of battery life

pashos24

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey, my nexus 4 will just switch off with around 50% battery life and won't turn back on unless I charge it

Posted via Android Central App

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Weird. Unfortunately, unless you're the sort who's into opening your phone up and screwing around with its components, there's really only one thing to try: if you're on custom firmware, go back to stock. If you're on stock, do a factory reset. Beyond that, I think you're going to be stuck doing a warranty/insurance exchange.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
You're not supposed to charge a li-ion battery past 100% for extended periods of time. Good way of ending up with a battery that doesn't hold a charge, excellent way in fact.
This is handled by the phone's circuitry. When the battery is fully charged it will cut off charging, and it won't resume again until after the charge has dropped a few percentage points (since li-ion batteries also don't like super shallow charging cycles). Leaving your phone plugged in is only destructive if either your phone or your charger is defective.

pashos24

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Weird. Unfortunately, unless you're the sort who's into opening your phone up and screwing around with its components, there's really only one thing to try: if you're on custom firmware, go back to stock. If you're on stock, do a factory reset. Beyond that, I think you're going to be stuck doing a warranty/insurance exchange.

Really another factory reset I will see how I go the next few days and then I will decide if I need to do it...thanks anyway

Posted via Android Central App

sMt73

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
This is handled by the phone's circuitry. When the battery is fully charged it will cut off charging, and it won't resume again until after the charge has dropped a few percentage points (since li-ion batteries also don't like super shallow charging cycles). Leaving your phone plugged in is only destructive if either your phone or your charger is defective.

+1 for this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie