4.4 is here

GothBoyUK

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hurry up OTA download link, I'm impatient. LOL.

As I don't seem to get OTA or Play updates recently I will have to sideload. I still had Hangouts 1.x until I got the apk this morning. -_-

Posted via Android Central App

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
After sideload I got a message "E: signature verification failed" and "Installation aborted." Anybody got that error too?

4ringsa6

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
To those who have sideloaded:

Does kitkat have the transparent nav buttons on our phones?

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
After sideload I got a message "E: signature verification failed" and "Installation aborted." Anybody got that error too?
This is not an OTA package, this is a factory image that you must use fastboot to unlock the bootloader (which will wipe your entire device) and manually flash the firmware. The OTA is coming soon.

No, old launcher. However its still possible to manually install it. There is an AOSP launcher that have transparencies too (called Launcher3.apk, take it from a CyanogenMod 11 rom). I think Google wants to roll it out with a Google Search update.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The OTA updates are for official factory stock rom only, and it will only work if the device is running stock odexed rom with stock recovery and stock kernel. It does not apply to CyanogenMod whatsoever.

Since you are already using CyanogenMod, just download CyanogenMod11 (link) and go into your custom recovery and flash it, you will get similar benefits as stock 4.4 and more. These are nightlies however, so they aren't stable for daily uses.

If you want to use stock 4.4, follow this guide to factory restore the device: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...3923-guide-nexus-4-factory-image-restore.html Use the latest 4.4 factory stock image from here: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images, in which case you do not need to apply this OTA which is to update from 4.3 to 4.4.

sMt73

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Wife just received her OTA notification. I side loaded it, she was more patient than me. Haha.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

It will not, no. However, according to Ars Technica, the Google Search update that's also rolling out (which I picked up this morning on my Nexus 4 and 7) has strong indications that we'll see the new launcher with the transparency effects in the near future. If you can't wait, however, several third party launchers have already implemented this feature.

makkedonien

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
is there anyway to do an OTA update with the cyanogenmod installed? I am new to this.

No, the OTA update is a stock version of 4.4. Either you go back to 4.3 stock and update from there with the OTA or you flash it directly. You need to wipe you're device for that, though.

R8J8D

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi , I am running 4.4 on a Nexus 5 , I have 2 question if anyone can help ?
1)HangOuts: It opens a new " thread " form every sms even if it is from the same sender
and the sms is not recognized from my contacts ; the sms senders cell number has the
countries prefix on it .Is there some I need to do / can do to sort this out ?
2)I don't like the Nexus 5 call app , I have downloaded a few caller/dialer apps
but don't know how to make the downloaded app my default app ; my device is
not rooted and I don't want to root it etc , can someone advice me ...?
Thanx ...

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't know about hangouts since I don't even use it and stock with the old Messenger, by for default app, when you make a call on your default Android dialer, it should pop up a menu asking which dialer app you want to use and you can select Always for that app.

sent from tapatalk app

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi , I am running 4.4 on a Nexus 5 , I have 2 question if anyone can help ?
1)HangOuts: It opens a new " thread " form every sms even if it is from the same sender
and the sms is not recognized from my contacts ; the sms senders cell number has the
countries prefix on it .Is there some I need to do / can do to sort this out ?
2)I don't like the Nexus 5 call app , I have downloaded a few caller/dialer apps
but don't know how to make the downloaded app my default app ; my device is
not rooted and I don't want to root it etc , can someone advice me ...?
Thanx ...

Report your feed back to the proper channels so the Devs will fix it and wait it out. KitKat is still alittle new so there will be some glitches as the Devs get everything straightened out.

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
To change your dialer go to settings..apps..all scroll to dialer and clear defaults. When you use the new dialer it should ask if you want to use once or always..chose always. You can change back the same way

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12