^topic.
    I plan to get a N4 because of the lower price but is the rear glass cracking issue now fixed?? Because I won't if it still does
    11-17-2013 11:01 AM
    Welcome to posting in the forums!

Hmmm...are there reports of the glass just spontaneously cracking? ...or does it have to be dropped or otherwise abused first? I wonder if a slim tpu case would help prevent this.
    11-17-2013 11:42 AM
    The OEM bumper has been more than adequate for mine.

Posted from my "CrackDroid" Nexus 4 via the Android Central App
    11-17-2013 02:06 PM
    Same here. Not sure how much protection the bumper gives, but the fact it stops the phone walking around and jumping off perfectly flat surfaces!
    I removed mine for 1 hour, came back and the phone had fallen straight onto one of the metal legs on my chair, fortunately just dented the trim part.
    Bumper stops it sliding whichever way you place it.
    If I tap the back glass on my phone it does sound very very thin!
    11-17-2013 02:45 PM
    With the OEM bumper on mine from day 1 I have dropped it many times without a scratch or crack. Just the other day dropped it from about 4 feet no problem.

|❌_❌|
    11-17-2013 03:33 PM
    Put a case on mine when I got it, no problems.
    11-17-2013 04:50 PM
    My rear glass cracked in the first hour I had in my pocket on the first day I got the phone. I had carried my iphones (including full glass iphone 4) in my pocket for years before without issue. Google/LG fobbed me off so I just paid LG to replace the backshell and have since carried the phone in my pocket for the last 11 months without issue. So I believe the original backshell was flawed.

I have long monitored the forums and it seems a rare problem though so it is very unlikely to be an issue for you. If you are worried then get a N5 which is similar but without glass back.

PS: I have never used any cover or screen protector on any of my phones. They look much better naked.
    11-17-2013 05:23 PM
    PS: I have never used any cover or screen protector on any of my phones. They look much better naked.
    I envy your ability to do that. I...I...cannot. Even when I want to. My phones refuse to go naked.
    11-17-2013 06:03 PM
    Other than a few defects that occur in any manufacturing process, glass only cracks when mistreated in some way. If you foresee your phone having a hard life, don't get a glass one. Other than that they're fine, though as some have already said, there's no such thing as a flat surface for a nexus 4!

Posted via Android Central App
    11-17-2013 07:08 PM
    I use XtremeGuard for front and back of the phone and Abacus bumper, it's good enough for not too dramatic drops.

You can get front and back tempered glass for it to which is more expensive.

I don't like using a case for this phone since it look so nice.

sent from nexus 4
    11-18-2013 07:25 AM
    I use the ringke fusion case and have a Dbrands skin on the back. looks super sexy. dropped it a few times with no damage at all

posted via the power of Nexus 4!
    11-18-2013 07:48 AM
    I used a Ringke slim case for the first several months, it's thin and protected the phone well. Took it off for ~2 weeks and the glass cracked (no idea how, I didn't drop it). So now I use a plastic sheet protector (similar to one you'd get for your screen, but custom-made for the back of the N4), which seems to work well.
    11-18-2013 08:19 AM
    Before my nexus 4, I never used any protection on my ipod touch or phones. No crack, no scratch. Since this one is prone to cracking, I use a cheap TPU case for the back and as a bumper, but still nothing on the front screen. The phone is always in my jeans pocket, but I don't put anything else in that pocket, no keys, no coinage. 6 months later, my Nexus 4 still look like it's brand new.
    http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00B...droidcent08-20
    11-18-2013 08:20 AM
    I use a hard case, but my phone gets tossed around by my 1 year old quite often. No cracks or scratches.
    11-18-2013 11:15 AM
    My Nexus 4 has been naked for nearly a year now with zero problems. Reports of the back spontaneously cracking were overblown. Did it happen? Probably, we're talking millions of phones and a defect in the glass can lead to the perfect storm of circumstances that would end in a crack. Don't sweat it, really. Put a case on it if you're worried.

I will say that if you remove the default protective covering on the back and go totally naked, the phone is unusually slippery. That's one reason why later models have the little nubs on the back. Again, a case will render this problem moot.
    11-18-2013 11:50 AM
    I will say that if you remove the default protective covering on the back and go totally naked, the phone is unusually slippery.
    The girl at the store was about to remove it when I stopped her just in time. She seemed a bit confused when I removed it myself as soon as she handed me the phone.

11-18-2013 12:28 PM