This may be a simple question - but how would I record sounds on my Nexus 4? Is there a built in function? Or do I need an app (if so, which do you recommend)?

I'm not talking music or anything major. Truthfully, I want to get a snippet of my dogs howling, because it's funny (at least to me) .
    11-17-2013 12:41 PM
    The easiest way is probably to use Keep.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    vlee likes this.
    11-17-2013 07:00 PM
    Just use any sound recorder app from the playstore. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndrwq.recorder

Who care about what you want to record, if you ask Google Search to play copyright music, it will search it for you and play it in YouTube. Just remember that if you have phone sex over Skype its a threesome with the NSA agent.
    11-17-2013 09:50 PM
    Thanks. For some reason, I thought there was something built in that I was missing. I actually had downloaded Keep a while back, and didn't even realize it would do sounds. (When I said not music, I really just meant I wasn't particularly concerned about sound quality or editing).
    11-18-2013 06:53 AM
    Thanks. For some reason, I thought there was something built in that I was missing. I actually had downloaded Keep a while back, and didn't even realize it would do sounds. (When I said not music, I really just meant I wasn't particularly concerned about sound quality or editing).
    like said above Keep can be used for sound recording

there is a build in sound recorder but its an "activity" instead of app, most apps make use of this sound recording capabilities(even keep).
    if you have 3rd party launchers u can actually use it.

long press launcher-->shortcut-->activities-->sound recorder-->sound record (activity).

now the icon can be used to record sound. btw, the features are limited.
    11-18-2013 02:04 PM