Kit Kat Begins Rolling Out To Verizon Moto X!

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm so p'ssed off too. I think something went wrong. Or Google might be adding LTE capability for the nexus.

Posted via Android Central App on Nexus 4

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Yup, as I said in the other KK thread.. FU Google! FRIGGIN LIARS! Nexus devices should always be first in updates, then DE's, then every other phone.

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
It's disappointing.

Think my next purchase will be a Note 3 or a Moto X. I buy Nexus devices for the updates and stock android. I can live with a Moto X near stock feel or Nova launcher on the Note 3.

Not going to buy the 5.

Posted via Android Central App

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I passed on the 5 for the note 3. May not get quick updates but neither will nexus owners, and I have a phone with a battery that will last the whole day!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

dmcincubus

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
i just don't see the big deal. it's coming. honestly, i think it's fantastic that google let the nexus 5 have exclusive rights to kit kat for a couple of weeks and didn't let the roll-out begin on the nexus 4. i think being a nexus 5 adopter, it's only fair that i get to experience kitkat before everyone else. it's not necessarily 'shame on google!', but more 'way to go verizon!' for stepping up their game and releasing a timely kitkat update. it's nothing short of amazing. and shocking.

Yep, I passed on the 5 for the note 3. May not get quick updates but neither will nexus owners, and I have a phone with a battery that will last the whole day!

my battery life on my nexus 5 last me a whole day and i don't think you're being fair, it's prettly clear nexus owners will get quick updates. just because the n4 hasn't got the OTA update yet, doesn't mean it's not quick. this sucker can roll on in the next week or 2 still and still be considered quick. again, you gotta give props to verizon for not messing around and getting this kitkat update going.

Last edited by a moderator:

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
People being mad by this is hysterical. Why would you be mad at Google for helping to release KitKat for their own device on Verizon early? Isn't this something people have been asking for? Nexus OTA is coming anytime, and it's better to get a working bug free OTA than a bugged one. You're still going to get KitKat sooner than most other devices.

If you have a Google device like a MotoX on Verizon, and you get early update, then be happy about it or even if you're not on Verizon be glad that this is an improvement and hopefully a new trend for the future for carrier locked Google devices. This doesn't automatically mean non-Google Verizon devices will get the same speed in updates (if ever).

I'm so p'ssed off too. I think something went wrong. Or Google might be adding LTE capability for the nexus.

Posted via Android Central App on Nexus 4
LTE required FFC homologation. But the method to manually enable it is not that hard.

Yup, as I said in the other KK thread.. FU Google! FRIGGIN LIARS! Nexus devices should always be first in updates, then DE's, then every other phone.
Sell your Nexus and sign a contract with Verizon.

Last edited:

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Sell your Nexus and sign a contract with Verizon.

LMAO, sorry VZW lover, but I left that POS company for TMobile and $30/month earlier this year. VZW can take their network and shove it. $120/month down to $30/month. Whose laughing now at "Big Red". HAHAHA. Go plug somewhere else

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

nexus 4 is getting udate today.. note 3 will get the update in 3-5 months.. good luck

- - - Updated - - -

I was about to create a thread about this but isn't this what every one wanted??

all android phones get update faster?? now when they do threads like this popup, its not fair to complain...

nexus factory image is out there and ota update is pushed as we speak. cant believe people cant wait 2 weeks.
its not a live or die situation

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
It's disappointing.

Think my next purchase will be a Note 3 or a Moto X. I buy Nexus devices for the updates and stock android. I can live with a Moto X near stock feel or Nova launcher on the Note 3.

Not going to buy the 5.

Posted via Android Central App

This is exactly what Google wants. Now when you go to the carrier store to choose a phone and the new Moto X is an option, many will opt for the Moto X because of the fast updates. This is how they plan to compete with Samsung and others.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
[We Nexus owners who are supposed to be the first to receive OS updates

I've heard that a lot since the N4 came out . . . just not from Google. Unless someone can point me to a press release or some other official statement from Google saying that the N4 will always be first in line, this was just wishful thinking by a lot of fanboys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax