Flashing Issue

SuperIVIan11

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I attempted today to flash the Kit Kat factory image onto my Nexus 4, go tired of waiting and figured why not. I simply cannot get ADB Devices to recognize my phone. I must have done this 10 times between my Galaxy Nexus and Xoom. For whatever reason it will not work with my Nexus 4. I've tried 2 different computers, one doesn't list it then other list my device as offline. I have rebooted ( both computer and Phone), uninstalled and re-installed the SKD, and I've flicked the USB Debugger on and off a dozen times. Any advice?

CoolBeit

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I attempted today to flash the Kit Kat factory image onto my Nexus 4, go tired of waiting and figured why not. I simply cannot get ADB Devices to recognize my phone. I must have done this 10 times between my Galaxy Nexus and Xoom. For whatever reason it will not work with my Nexus 4. I've tried 2 different computers, one doesn't list it then other list my device as offline. I have rebooted ( both computer and Phone), uninstalled and re-installed the SKD, and I've flicked the USB Debugger on and off a dozen times. Any advice?

Are you talking about fastboot? If you're trying to flash factory images, you will need to use fastboot (not adb). If you want the "fastboot devices" command to recognize your phone, you need to reboot into fastboot mode. Just hold the volume down button while powering up until you get to fastboot mode.

If fastboot devices still does not see the phone, you are having driver problems (this is not uncommon and can be a pain in the a** to solve).

If you follow section A here, you SHOULD have correctly installed drivers. But no guarantees.
[HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root # - xda-developers

Even with the OTA out, this is a great time to learn how to flash the factory image. I'll be happy to answer your questions as you go through the process and I'm sure others here will be too.

SuperIVIan11

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
This worked for me. I ended up having a driver issue on one of my computers, but the second worked like a charm. I'm all KitKated-up, ever loaded the GEL. the factory image from Google (KRT16S) even included an executable file that will flash everything for you, so that you don't have to type the "fastboot flash..." Thanks for this.

CoolBeit

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
This worked for me. I ended up having a driver issue on one of my computers, but the second worked like a charm. I'm all KitKated-up, ever loaded the GEL. the factory image from Google (KRT16S) even included an executable file that will flash everything for you, so that you don't have to type the "fastboot flash..." Thanks for this.

Awesome! And now that you did it once you'll never have to wait for an ota again. And you may even be comfortable enough now to flash all kinds of fun mods :cool:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781