Anyone got OTA from KRT16O to KRT16S

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Curious as those with 60 would of flashed. I presume Google would presume they would flash to the s?

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

bulletmark

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
My N4 updated from 4.4 KRT16O to KRT16S via OTA today. Just woke up to see a notification for it. Seem to be a small update and installed quickly.

I had unlocked the bootloader to install 4.4 KRT16O about a week ago. I had not cared that the phone was factory reset by that because I am setting up the phone newly for my wife. I also relocked the bootloader to make it as new and had installed the new GEL on it. Note that the GEL works fine after the upgrade to KRT16S.

DAVID ARGENTIERI

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I also sideloaded KRT16O and the GEL apk. I just received the update notification. Good to know that GEL is still there after the update, thanks for that info. I'm wondering if the update will overwrite the LTE enable I did. Any thoughts on that? Everything is working great on my N4 so maybe I should just leave as is?

Shammac1

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
@ still1 - So to be clear, you flashed KRT16O and later received a small update to KRT16S on your N4? I Flashed KRT16O and am waiting to see if an OTA comes through. I tried downloading the OTA for KRT16S and sideloading but it said it was "expecting" an earlier build and failed. I am waiting to see if a small OTA is coming so that I don't have to reflash. Sounds like you are saying yes. I relocked the bootloader and don't feel like starting the setup of my phone over. I get lazy like that sometimes.

bucketheadmn

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I sideloaded 4.4 and then received the OTA today. I did not have stock boot loader, running twrp. Just had to reload twrp and SuperSU.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
@ still1 - So to be clear, you flashed KRT16O and later received a small update to KRT16S on your N4? I Flashed KRT16O and am waiting to see if an OTA comes through. I tried downloading the OTA for KRT16S and sideloading but it said it was "expecting" an earlier build and failed. I am waiting to see if a small OTA is coming so that I don't have to reflash. Sounds like you are saying yes. I relocked the bootloader and don't feel like starting the setup of my phone over. I get lazy like that sometimes.

I flashed factory image KRT16O last week and i downloaded the KRT16S from google server and flashed it via custom recovery.

since the ota is out there in google server I am sure it will come to device with KRT16O.

also confirmed by the poster above. and i didnt have any issue flashing the 9 mb file from custom recovery

Last edited:

Alpejohn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I side loaded KRT16O 3-4 days ago, a few houres ago i got the OTA update for KRT16S, my bootloader is still open. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk