I need help from someone who knows more than me - which is most of you... I got the OTA this afternoon. I went ahead and hit the install and after about a minute my screen showed the android on its back with the red exclamation point and the message "Error". I turned the phone off an on, it works fine and is still running 4.3. But I no longer have the update available to me, and checking for updates doesn't bring it back either. Now what do I do?

Here is the status of my phone... I am rooted. I had a custom recovery, but I re-flashed the stock recovery in preparation for the OTA using the wugfresh nexus root toolkit. I did flash one of the hybrid radios - my reception got noticeably worse after the 4.3 update, the .33-.84 radio improved it. Would this different radio be enough for the OTA to fail? The amount of rooting/flashing I've described above is at the absolute max limits of my knowledge. Will I get offered the OTA again at some point? Any ideas why it failed?
    11-21-2013 05:10 PM
    Maybe its because you are rooted.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    11-21-2013 07:26 PM
    I need help from someone who knows more than me - which is most of you... I got the OTA this afternoon. I went ahead and hit the install and after about a minute my screen showed the android on its back with the red exclamation point and the message "Error". I turned the phone off an on, it works fine and is still running 4.3. But I no longer have the update available to me, and checking for updates doesn't bring it back either. Now what do I do?

Here is the status of my phone... I am rooted. I had a custom recovery, but I re-flashed the stock recovery in preparation for the OTA using the wugfresh nexus root toolkit. I did flash one of the hybrid radios - my reception got noticeably worse after the 4.3 update, the .33-.84 radio improved it. Would this different radio be enough for the OTA to fail? The amount of rooting/flashing I've described above is at the absolute max limits of my knowledge. Will I get offered the OTA again at some point? Any ideas why it failed?
    it failed because of the hybrid radio. ota will do some check before install.

u have to have stock recovery
    u should not have any mods

once the ota fails it will take exactly 24 hrs to get the update again. but u can change the clock to get the update
    runtmms likes this.
    11-21-2013 08:39 PM
    I didn't realize the hybrid radio was enough to stop the OTA. I got impatient and brave and manually updated. All seemingly went well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei
    11-21-2013 08:47 PM