Best browser for KitKat....

4ringsa6

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
The 4.3 build of AOSP browser isn't compatible with 4.4, so it seems that we have to wait for a new build to be released. For now I'm sticking with Chrome Beta.

On a side note, kitkat is freaking awesome!

Posted from my "CrackDroid" Nexus 4 via the Android Central App

How is chrome beta different than the chrome it came with? I downloaded it bit looks same.

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The 4.3 build of AOSP browser isn't compatible with 4.4, so it seems that we have to wait for a new build to be released. For now I'm sticking with Chrome Beta.

What precisely is awesome about it? Please...enlighten us.

G Pad 8.3

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

You're not going to get AOSP browsers to install on KitKat unless you have root and push it in /system/app, installing it normal will not work. You can get 4.4 AOSP browser from a CM11 rom.

Personally, Naked Browser have all I need, so I have no need for any other browsers.

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
How is chrome beta different than the chrome it came with? I downloaded it bit looks same.

Posted via Android Central App

It gets updates faster than the stable version and with the recent one, it looks exactly the same

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What precisely is awesome about it? Please...enlighten us.

G Pad 8.3

All the promised features of 4.4 takes Android from good to great. While they may seem subtle, the adjustments definitely improve the user experience visually and operationally.

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Dolphin started acting up for me on 4.3 so I went to chrome. I love dolphin but ehh

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I love kitkat too. And ya I installed aosp but it kepts crashing. Problem with chrome is that it kills alot of battery.

Sent from my Awesome Nexus 4 using Taptalk

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Ya I just got chrome beta and I love it. I think the battery usage has improved.

Sent from my Awesome Nexus 4 using Taptalk

Indigoquilter

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Boat for a year, but the text reflow/wrapping no longer works now that I've upgraded to Kitkat. I'm visually impaired and need quite large text, so this is a deal breaker for me. Is there any browser that will reflow text as Boat used to? Failing that, can I downgrade back to Jellybean, and hope that Boat sorts itself out quickly?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Dolphin started acting up for me on 4.3 so I went to chrome. I love dolphin but ehh

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Dolphin seems slower since I updated to 4.4. I get more crashes too. I'm sure Dolphin will update their app to address this. On 4.3 Dolphin ran great for me. Pages loaded fast. UPDATE: I just dowmload ans installed the Dolphin Jetpack app. The browser is considerably faster now. I'm not getting the force closes I was before.

Last edited: