When am I gonna get this update for my Nexus?

Posted via Android Central App
    11-24-2013 04:56 PM
    Ill bet you get it before i do
    11-24-2013 05:07 PM
    When am I gonna get this update for my Nexus?

You should be getting it. I'm on T-Mobile and had the update on the 23rd. I did also clear the Google framework

Posted using Nexus 4 via Android Central App
    11-24-2013 05:52 PM
    I am on T mobile and got it 11-21-13
    11-24-2013 06:31 PM
    Out of curiosity, is there a reason you don't want to sideload it?
    You don't:
    -need to be rooted
    -need an unlocked bootloader
    -lose any data from your phone

It's the same procedure for pretty much any stock/unrooted device - after the SDK/drivers are installed & the official OTA zip has been downloaded, it's a very simple process:
    -navigate to the "Platform-Tools" folder within the folder the SDK was installed
    -move the OTA zip file into that folder & rename it to "update.zip"
    -in a blank area within that folder, hold [Shift], right-click the mouse & select "Open command prompt here"
    -in the command window, type "adb devices" (if the SDK & drivers were properly installed your device will show up)
    -in the command window type "adb reboot recovery" (that will put your device into "Recovery Mode" )
    -using your phone, navigate to with the Volume buttons to & select with the Power button "update via ADB"
    -in the command window type "adb sideload update.zip"
    That's it.
    It'll then once finished, on the device prompt you to reboot & you're done.

Nothing else will be changed.
    -you won't be rooted
    -your bootloader will still be locked
    -all the Data you had on your phone previously will remain
    Your device will apply the update & install it the way it would if it was downloaded from the System Update.

So with it this easy to apply updates, why bother waiting?

The links for the Nexus 4 OTA are here--> http://m.androidcentral.com/nexus-4-...-now-available

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    mykwinters, ysbg and yfan like this.
    11-24-2013 06:54 PM
    There is no such things as T-Mobile Nexus 4. There is just unlocked Nexus 4, and the update rolls out in stages, sometimes that could be issues with certain phones that cause it to not receive OTA, therefore sideload.
    11-24-2013 07:10 PM
    I don't own a pc anymore! Therefore I cannot side load the update zip. I bought mine from T-Mobile and it's a locked Nexus 4haven't gotten it unlocked yet. The last update 4,3 came OTA right on time and I thought it'd be the same this time around but I guess not! Bummer huh? Still keep on waiting patiently!

11-24-2013 08:16 PM
    Dl and setting up the sdk is pia. After years of flashing my folder was a mess and just deleted the whole thing. If folks Google mini sdk that's all they need. It's on xda makes life easier.
    Out of curiosity, is there a reason you don't want to sideload it?
    You don't:
    -need to be rooted
    -need an unlocked bootloader
    -lose any data from your phone

It's the same procedure for pretty much any stock/unrooted device - after the SDK/drivers are installed & the official OTA zip has been downloaded, it's a very simple process:
    -navigate to the "Platform-Tools" folder within the folder the SDK was installed
    -move the OTA zip file into that folder & rename it to "update.zip"
    -in a blank area within that folder, hold [Shift], right-click the mouse & select "Open command prompt here"
    -in the command window, type "adb devices" (if the SDK & drivers were properly installed your device will show up)
    -in the command window type "adb reboot recovery" (that will put your device into "Recovery Mode" )
    -using your phone, navigate to with the Volume buttons to & select with the Power button "update via ADB"
    -in the command window type "adb sideload update.zip"
    That's it.
    It'll then once finished, on the device prompt you to reboot & you're done.

Nothing else will be changed.
    -you won't be rooted
    -your bootloader will still be locked
    -all the Data you had on your phone previously will remain
    Your device will apply the update & install it the way it would if it was downloaded from the System Update.

So with it this easy to apply updates, why bother waiting?

The links for the Nexus 4 OTA are here--> http://m.androidcentral.com/nexus-4-...-now-available

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    11-24-2013 08:41 PM
    I don't own a pc anymore! Therefore I cannot side load the update zip. I bought mine from T-Mobile and it's a locked Nexus 4haven't gotten it unlocked yet. The last update 4,3 came OTA right on time and I thought it'd be the same this time around but I guess not! Bummer huh? Still keep on waiting patiently!

Wow you don't have a computer?

How do you manage? Lbvs
    11-24-2013 10:13 PM

I have never heard such a thing as a locked Nexus 4, and I am very very sure T-Mobile do not lock the Nexus 4.

-I have heard a few other claiming this, but it turned out they bought the phone from someone else and the phone was blacklisted by a carrier because the seller didn't pay their bills.
    -Or it would be an issue with the radio (aka modem, aka baseband) missing or corrupt so you can't get network signal at all.
    -Or you may be mistaken sim lock with bootloader locked which are different things.
    -Possibly you tried to use it with a different sim card and don't know how to set up the APN for that specific carrier.

Otherwise there is no Nexus 4 that is carrier lock out of the box. If you still believe your Nexus is locked, simply ask T-Mobile to give you an unlocked code.
    11-24-2013 10:44 PM
    Wow you don't have a computer?

How do you manage? Lbvs
    I do have a pc from 2004 booted with Ubuntu 12 laying dead barely plugged in next to my 37" tv at corner of my living room. I don't even have comcast nor fios Internet service to my house. My wife and I use our phone for email and browsing the web/YouTube and that's about it!

11-24-2013 11:55 PM
    ...I bought mine from T-Mobile and it's a locked Nexus 4haven't gotten it unlocked yet...
    It's not locked to any carrier if that's what you're referring to but that doesn't affect sideloading the OTA update.
    If you mean the bootloader is locked, then yes it is & you'll need to unlock it before you can install a custom ROM & on a Nexus that's real easy but for another discussion.

Without access to a computer though, ya you'll unfortunately need to wait for it to be pushed to your device, sorry.
    You could try inputting in the Dialer
    *#*#checkin#*#*
    Then checking for a Software Update.
    Good luck!

11-25-2013 12:58 AM
    Clearing the Google framework is the worst thing u can do. It also does no good for checking for the ota. http://www.androidheadlines.com/2013...framework.html
    You should be getting it. I'm on T-Mobile and had the update on the 23rd. I did also clear the Google framework

Posted using Nexus 4 via Android Central App

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    11-25-2013 02:20 AM
    Thanks for the checkin tip just did and now I am downloading.
    11-25-2013 04:32 PM