Lost my Nexus 4. Can you help me find it?

seanoj

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I have a Nexus 4 that I rarely use, a Nexus 5 that replaced it and a Nexus 7 that is also infrequently used. I had all three at home one day and then I went on a trip and spent a few days at home before I realized I lost track of the Nexus 4. It does not have a SIM card in it (moved that to the 5). I had activated the Device Manager tracking on all three devices.

Problem: Google's device tracker does not differentiate between devices (as far as I can tell). I have a plot of where I went over the days around the last check-in from the 4, but I can't tell which device is which dot. Lots of dots at home, work, hotel, friends house, and roads and airports between. What I can't figure out is where the last check in from this one device may have been.

My question to the forum, is there a way to find out where the last check in to Google happened from a specific device (with device manager enabled)?

Thanks in advance,
-Sean

seanoj

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you are correct. The mapping was using location history. The device manager does not show the last plot for my Nexus 4, the box in the upper left says Location unavailable Last used November 18, 2013 . Not sure how to check the history for it outside of location history...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair