No Voice mail notifications after updating to KitKat

danfm

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I've updated my Nex 4 to 4.4 yesterday.
As soon as that was done, voice mail notification would not show up any more.
Had to turn the phone off and when it came back it showed the voicemail icon.
But, that worked only for the voicemail received before powering it off. New voicemail kept coming without any notifications.
I would need to constantly power it off and on, multiple times per day in order for the notificatications to show up which is absurd.
Is there a fix to this?
Thanks

danfm

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I didn't.
After receiving notification that the update was downloaded on the phone I was asked to start the installation of 4.4 which I did.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Whos your carrier? and are your voicemail setting correct in the dialer settings? Settings >Call Settings>Voicemail

danfm

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Whos your carrier? and are your voicemail setting correct in the dialer settings? Settings >Call Settings>Voicemail

Provider is Mobilicity in Canada. The settings are good. Called their tech support, they checked it and said nothing wrong on their side.

Reddzilla

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Try texting this to 122 Activate:dt=6

From what I've read that may resolve the issue

Posted using Nexus 4 via Android Central App

kulb

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. My carrier is Mobilicity in Canada. I updated to KitKat on my nexus 4 few days ago. Since then, there were a bunch of issues such as voicemail, screen unlock delay. So I had to factory reset my phone. Still have issues with voicemail. I am not getting any voicemail notifications. If I power off and restart the phone, the notification appears. So far this android update has been very annoying.

Posted via Android Central App

TomDroid22

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with Nexus 4 on KitKat on Rogers Canada.

I have everything normal - no root, no rom, got the update normally, nothing special at all.

Seems like a lot of Canadians having this problem. Is this primarily a Canadian site, or should we conclude that this is unique to CAnadian models or carriers (which would be rather odd)?

shn'g

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with Nexus 4 on KitKat on Rogers Canada.

I have everything normal - no root, no rom, got the update normally, nothing special at all.

Seems like a lot of Canadians having this problem. Is this primarily a Canadian site, or should we conclude that this is unique to CAnadian models or carriers (which would be rather odd)?

Yeah I read another forum and I think almost all the complaints were Canadian and they were from almost every carrier. Guess we just have to be patient and wait for an update that fixes it.

OntarioBlackberry

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
You can add another Canadian carrier to the list: Videotron. I have not seen a single voicemail notification since updating to 4.4. Here's hoping a fix comes soon!!

antonyk

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I got my KitKit upgrade when I was in the US, on AT&T, and got voicemail notifications. But after coming back to Canada (Rogers), there are no notifications.

Nazzrath

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my Nexus 5 on the Bell network. =P I got a Google Voice number just for voicemail, but of course, Bell charges for call forwarding.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance