Is anyone else experience a lot of slow down and stuttering with KitKat? I've noticed in on both mine and my wife's phones. It happens mostly in graphics heavy apps: games like Angry birds and Fruit Ninja, or zooming in and out on maps, etc. It either pauses or slowly stutters. I never had these problems on any previous version of Android OS on the Nexus 4.
    11-27-2013 07:11 PM
    Did you try rebooting the phone?
    11-27-2013 07:15 PM
    The Nexus 4 started thermal throttling when the CPU reach 39*C.

You can try closing all apps before playing a game and switch from Dalvik to ART for some improvements.
    corpgator likes this.
    11-27-2013 09:38 PM
    Works as snappy if not faster for me.
    Reboot might so the trick. I'm currently trying out art. Not too much of a noticeable difference.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    11-28-2013 12:00 AM
    Mine is slightly laggy. Not huge but I'm not pleased. Also why are all the stock apps so white now! Ugh! I have android so I don't have to look at ios like design! Now I need to find new dialer and contacts apps. Sigh.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    11-28-2013 08:39 AM
    Art seemed to help some, thanks.
    11-28-2013 05:57 PM
    Everything seems to run faster and smoother.
    11-29-2013 04:52 PM
    Yes.. Kitkat is slow here too. Can anyone please give me a good suggestion about fixing this problem? I heard a factory reset with data backup might solve this problem a little.
    12-01-2013 12:36 AM
    My only issues so far with Kit Kat have been appallingly poor battery life (nearly dead in less than 5 hours) and intermittent availability of the voice input button.

I just wiped my phone this morning and with no 3rd party apps installed, NFC and WiFi and location and Google Search all disabled I have gone through about 50% battery charge in around two hours and change. This is retarded.
    12-01-2013 12:20 PM
    My only issues so far with Kit Kat have been appallingly poor battery life (nearly dead in less than 5 hours) and intermittent availability of the voice input button.

I just wiped my phone this morning and with no 3rd party apps installed, NFC and WiFi and location and Google Search all disabled I have gone through about 50% battery charge in around two hours and change. This is retarded.
    What is the biggest battery hog in the stats? Play services has been running wild for some people.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    12-01-2013 09:54 PM
    Is anyone else experience a lot of slow down and stuttering with KitKat? I've noticed in on both mine and my wife's phones. It happens mostly in graphics heavy apps: games like Angry birds and Fruit Ninja, or zooming in and out on maps, etc. It either pauses or slowly stutters. I never had these problems on any previous version of Android OS on the Nexus 4.

I am having the same problem also, everything move slow, sending text message move slow and all my apps notifications are vibrating and I have no idea how to turn them off. My group text no longer download by themself so I am missing a lot is there a way to go back or fix these issues ?

Due to this I started deleting apps I don't use constantly, I would still like to have them but for the simple fact I don't use them regularly and I would like my phone the way it was before I started deleting a lot of stuff.
    02-21-2014 10:47 AM