gel launcher battery use.

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. I did a factory reset and only installed gel launcher. Phone was quicker battery was worse with screen on but better on standby.
I was getting about a day and a half on light use, 2/3 hours screen on time.
I removed the launcher and battery is awesome, I have all the same settings except I am using live wallpaper now and wasn't before.
21 hours 4.5 screen time (chrome, you tube and games.) I still have 55 % battery left!
Is this why Google left it off?
I could watch battery dropping with screen on when I had gel?
Any thoughts?

Last edited:

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Could be wakelock due to one of your Google services. Try using a different launcher for a day or clearing settings for some Google services like Google Play services or disable autosyncing. Check the data usage to see if some Google services are using a disproportionate amount of datas. I can't say anything without seing your battery graph and more info.

sent from tapatalk

4ringsa6

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. I did a factory reset and only installed gel launcher. Phone was quicker battery was worse with screen on but better on standby.
I was getting about a day and a half on light use, 2/3 hours screen on time.
I removed the launcher and battery is awesome, I have all the same settings except I am using live wallpaper now and wasn't before.
21 hours 4.5 screen time (chrome, you tube and games.) I still have 55 % battery left!
Is this why Google left it off?
I could watch battery dropping with screen on when I had gel?
Any thoughts?

I think so. The gel is always listening for "OK Google" which uses battery.

With nova beta launcher I'm also getting a easy 3.5 - 4 hours SOT with mix of data and Wi-Fi.

Sent from my Nexus quattro

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I think so. The gel is always listening for "OK Google" which uses battery.

With nova beta launcher I'm also getting a easy 3.5 - 4 hours SOT with mix of data and Wi-Fi.

Sent from my Nexus quattro

Even with that, it shouldn't adversely affect the battery life. I still get good battery with Google Now enabled and Nexus 5 launcher.

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I use nova launcher beta and I think the battery is good with it.

Posted via Android Central App on Nexus 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12