Phone fell on its back from about a 2 foot drop and cracked the front screen and now it won't respond to any touch.

I would like to try and fix it myself buy don't exactly know where to start.

On eBay I see some screens for as low as $35 for the screen and touch digitizer.

Is that all I need or do I need the LCD as well?

I don't want to spend over $150 to fix since I could get a used phone for not much more.

Lastly is the Nexus 4 easy to fix?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    12-02-2013 04:39 AM
    Nexus 4 teardown and assembly I fixed my brothers nexus 4 (we bought screen and all that stuff with the frame)

Posted via Android Central App
    anon4276835 and John-Smith like this.
    12-02-2013 06:59 AM
    This video will answer the question better:
    John-Smith likes this.
    12-02-2013 12:29 PM
    Even though my LCD is good, I think I may just bite the bullet and buy the LCD+Digitzer+Glass combo. I don't want to mess anything up. The whole separating then gluing has me worried, I don't think I have the skill or the steady hand to pull of a procedure like that.

Has anyone had any luck replacing JUST the digitizer+glass without professional equipment?
    12-02-2013 08:58 PM
    Even though my LCD is good, I think I may just bite the bullet and buy the LCD+Digitzer+Glass combo. I don't want to mess anything up. The whole separating then gluing has me worried, I don't think I have the skill or the steady hand to pull of a procedure like that.

Has anyone had any luck replacing JUST the digitizer+glass without professional equipment?
    I tried to do that with an HTC Rezound a couple years ago. The results were not good, I ended up replacing it. When I cracked the screen on my N4, I bought the LCD/Digitizer/Glass/Frame combo for $125 on ebay. It was fairly easy to repair, but it's pretty difficult to pry off the battery cover and the battery is glued on very securely. Be careful prying it out, and do it slowly. The other thing is just that there are several small pieces, make sure you don't leave anything attached to the old frame, and don't lose anything. Good luck.
    12-04-2013 02:04 PM
    12-04-2013 04:16 PM
    Bought the LCD/Glass/Touchscreen combo for $150.

Everything was going great, had everything in was putting the phone back together. The ribbon that attaches the LCD to the motherboard was being a little troublesome.

I wound up easily ripping the ribbon as if it was a piece of paper. There is apparently no way to fix this, I've searched everywhere. You can't buy a new ribbon anywhere so I'm out of $150 because of that little rip.

Broken Screen question-img_5253.jpg

It was my nail that cut into the ribbon, why is annoying because I usually keep my fingernails really short and cut them every couple of days. But I hadn't cut them in a few days and that wound up costing my $150...

So don't make the same mistake I did, those ribbons are fragile as ****.
    12-09-2013 01:40 PM
    Tough luck, considering a used Nexus 4 is $200 on Swappa, you should have gone that route in stead. I'm assuming the ribbon is attached to the LCD assembly.

I have done these type of repair on my Xperia Play with the same type of paper thin ribbons, I think your nails are too sharp.

If you want to try again for $90 this time: http://www.etradesupply.com/lg-nexus...-assembly.html

They sell the individual LCD too, but It might require some work like the video I posted to separate it from the digitizer and putting everything back: http://www.etradesupply.com/lg-nexus...cd-screen.html
    12-09-2013 09:10 PM