Phone won't turn on, white LED blinking

anon(8330937)

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have a strange problem with my Nexus 4 (which is only 2 weeks old).
To begin, yesterday, I shut off my phone, pulled out my SIM card and put it in another phone (a dumb phone). When I came back, I placed the SIM card back, everything worked (I even checked 9Gag for a while and I could receive phone calls). When I woke up this morning, the screen of my phone didn't turn on, and I also see a flashing white LED. I thought the screen just wouldn't turn on, so I used our home phone to call my cell phone, but I got my voicemail. Has anyone of you had this before? What is better, go for warranty or waint until the battery is empty?

Kind regards,
Duco

anon(8330937)

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Okay. Try holding the power button for 10-20 seconds too and see if that brings it out of its coma.

Oh well, I feel stupid. After holding the power button for about 30 seconds, the LED turned red, and I could see a battery on the screen. The phone turned on, and was charged for 89%. Very strange, but everything works again, thanks. Hope this will help someone someday.

Prockzed

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I have this problem too and it's reoccurring. This is becoming an increasingly larger issue for me as this has happened several times now, though with no regularity. I tend to find it like this though like you after letting it charge all night. I really need some help here as this is starting to make me regret not waiting for the Nexus 5, as my roommate has one of those and does not have this issue.

anon(8330937)

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I have this problem too and it's reoccurring. This is becoming an increasingly larger issue for me as this has happened several times now, though with no regularity. I tend to find it like this though like you after letting it charge all night. I really need some help here as this is starting to make me regret not waiting for the Nexus 5, as my roommate has one of those and does not have this issue.
I also had this problem again this morning, after charging my phone for a whole night. Like before, keeping the power button pressed solved my problem. I shouldn't charge my phone overnight, I guess...

Prockzed

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
That might keep it from happening some now, but that's no real solution. A phone this high end and expensive shouldn't have such a ridiculous issue. With how many people I'm seeing with it, and so many saying it continues after factory resets and even replacement phones, this must be an issue with the N4 itself, or the OS. Google needs to at least respond and say they're working on it if nothing else.

Anand786007

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
problem in motoe

my phone is not turning on i have checked battery its fine , motherboard is also in good shape...but my phone is not starting whn i put charger it shows one blink thn no blink and phn screen is also blank...help me out bro...
hoping for fast rply

Bharathi Balan

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: problem in motoe

my phone is not turning on i have checked battery its fine , motherboard is also in good shape...but my phone is not starting whn i put charger it shows one blink thn no blink and phn screen is also blank...help me out bro...
hoping for fast rply

Dude am having same problem.... Did u resolve it ???

Mahesh Vachhe

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: problem in motoe

hoping for fast rply

I also have same problem with my Moto e ....
Are u solved your problem...plz tell me how....
Plz reply me ASAP..

Last edited by a moderator:

Emilene Sa

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
Oh well, I feel stupid. After holding the power button for about 30 seconds, the LED turned red, and I could see a battery on the screen. The phone turned on, and was charged for 89%. Very strange, but everything works again, thanks. Hope this will help someone someday.

Hey, don't feel stupid!! I have a Moto G and your problem helped me solving my problem. When it came back on, the battery was 46%. This is also a recurring problem with Moto G (it has happened before, but it didn't take so long to turn back on, I was starting to panic now). The only thing I can add is that I tried holding the power button for several seconds before, but it only worked after a few minutes plugged on the wall socket (yet not enough time to get 46% battery, that's strange).

queenladyblu

Jul 4, 2018
Visit site
I have a Alcatel model 5044C and it's the second one I've had in a month it's not holding a charge then it will say it has 40 percent but when I turn on the phone it said it has 7 percent charge I've got 3 new batterys now it won't turn on and white light keeps flashing when it's plugged into charge and flashlight on phone stopped working as well and audio goes in and out on both phones I've tried all suggestions on here and other sites nothing is working both brand new phones from cricket store no damage at all any advice

Last edited:

Funny bunny

Jul 28, 2018
Visit site
Re: problem in m7otoe

hoping for fast rply

I apologise this is out of pure curiosity but how did you check the battery if your phone wouldn't turn on

Pratik Rupani

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
It did lol. after 7 years

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan