4.4.2 OTA Question

Tules

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Relatively new to the android scene!

Current setup - Stock 4.4 ROM, Franco r194 Kernel... Rooted using xposed frameworks for gravitybox...etc..

I just got the notification for the OTA update, and I'm pretty sure I read the update won't work..

How can I remove the standing notification?

Thank you!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Relatively new to the android scene!

Current setup - Stock 4.4 ROM, Franco r194 Kernel... Rooted using xposed frameworks for gravitybox...etc..

I just got the notification for the OTA update, and I'm pretty sure I read the update won't work..

How can I remove the standing notification?

Thank you!

Welcome to the forums.
You can pull the notification shade down, and longpress. This should bring up a box that says App Info. Click on it and it will take you to the App Information screen, you can then uncheck the Show Notifications box.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If you are using R19 on 4.4 then the kernel shouldn't be working as good as it's been optimized for 4.4.1 and 4.4.2. Also, if you are actually on 4.4.1, you can accept the 4.4.2 update as the kernel was not changed or patched going from 4.4.1 to 4.4.2, so the update checks will work and all you to upgrade.

Hope that makes sense.

Tules

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
If you are using R19 on 4.4 then the kernel shouldn't be working as good as it's been optimized for 4.4.1 and 4.4.2. Also, if you are actually on 4.4.1, you can accept the 4.4.2 update as the kernel was not changed or patched going from 4.4.1 to 4.4.2, so the update checks will work and all you to upgrade.

Hope that makes sense.

Woah woah woah. yes the kernel I'm using nightly 194. And I'm on 4.4.1, If i reflash the stock kernel will i be able to update OTA to 4.4.2? and

And yes golfdriver that got the notification off!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Woah woah woah. yes the kernel I'm using nightly 194. And I'm on 4.4.1, If i reflash the stock kernel will i be able to update OTA to 4.4.2? and

And yes golfdriver that got the notification off!
Yes, if in doubt, just reflash the stock kernel and you should be able to receive the OTA update unless you made other modifications. At which point those modifications will need to be reversed back to stock too.

Tules

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, if in doubt, just reflash the stock kernel and you should be able to receive the OTA update unless you made other modifications. At which point those modifications will need to be reversed back to stock too.

Clockworkmod will count as an additional notification?