Nexus 4: Bluetooth turns off

Willstatt

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
my nexus 4 has developed an annoying habit of turning bluetooth off. it thus won't connect with my car's hands free. I can solve it by shutting down phone and restarting, but it's a pain to do that every time I get in the car. any ideas? help much appreciated. Will

Last edited by a moderator:

sduda210

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth turns off

I'm having the same issue and I found a way to reset the Bluetooth without shutting down the phone. Hold the power button down so the the shut down menu comes up and then hit the back button. The phone will then reconnect.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

glacher

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site

I also have the same problem if you switch off WiFi bluetooth will stay connected Google needs to fix this I also have the same problem with my nexus 7 2013

M3Rocket

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Yes--this has been going on for months while Google has failed to "acknowledge" the problem or give a timeline for a fix. I suppose since the Nexus 4 is no more, it's very low on their priority list. In any case, try what glacher suggests--turn off the WiFi whenever you want to use the BT. That is a workaround that did the trick for me. But obviously not very convenient, nor practical for many.