Here's what I've got: stock Android 4.4.2; N4 8GB

Here's what I've done so far:

Installed a variety of apps, many of which of course use the Internet, but none of which operate in the background or require you run them constantly (i.e. Facebook, FB Messenger, etc.);

Have my phone configured with my primary Gmail account;

Disabled the following apps: Cloud Print, Currents, Google Play Books, Google Play Magazines, Google Search, Google+, Hangouts, Print Spooler;

Disabled the following functions: Live Wallpaper, no widgets except for AccuWeather, NFC, Location (anything I can find that's GPS-related is shut off), screen auto-rotate, auto brightness (I adjust it manually to the minimum comfortable level as required), Bluetooth, Wi-Fi unless I'm somewhere with Wi-Fi), and when I'm at work I run in airplane mode except when I'm on break.

What I am noticing is that the display consumes the greatest amount of battery power, at about 33%, and at the moment I'm at 18% remaining after 12 hours, 2 minutes, and 45 seconds.

This is noticeably less than 4.3 without having to trim things as heavily as I've done here.

Thoughts, folks?
    12-22-2013 06:48 PM
    Screen has always been a killer of battery. I don't know how much it help but I've always manually set the brightness and never use Auto brightness, it's supposed to prevent the light sensor from being used. Fortunately I'm used to lower brightness, that's really the only way. But you can set screen off to 30secs.

For GPS I set it to battery saying mode which is using network location only which means it should not use any extra battery at all.

I use Google Now with the launcher and the hot word detection, it use only very little battery for me.

Mostly I disable (deleted) all unnecessary Google apps and syncing, I use Synker Force Widget and manual sync.

I suggest just leaving cell signal on, it shouldn't be an issues with data turned off.

sent via tapatalk
    12-23-2013 03:25 AM
    I use BatteryGuru. It turns off WIFI when not using. But with 4.4.2 I have a problem sometimes turning WIFI back on when I want. I have to reboot before WIFI will turn on. A bug in something. Didn't have issue with 4.3.

I also use Watchdog Lite to alert when apps misbehaving/using too much power.
    12-23-2013 06:04 AM
    What is your screen on time?
    12-23-2013 08:02 AM
    Well, I can no longer tell you about yesterday, but I can tell you about today.

Time off Charger: 12h 30m 41s
    Screen Time: 1h 30m 46s
    Battery Charge: 56%
    Screen Usage: 33%

Other Power Consumption:

Phone idle: 13%
    Chrome: 13%
    Android System: 8%
    com.android.chrome:sandbox: 7%
    com.android.chrome:sandbox: 5%
    Google Keyboard: 5%
    Android OS: 5%