Nexus 4 - While listening to music through headphones, volume suddenly dropped & now stays that way

adifrank

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 4 - While listening to music through headphones, volume suddenly dropped & now stays that way

So I was going home from work with my headphones on, listening to music which I had downloaded to my Nexus 4. The music was a downloaded stream of a radio station I listen to, using they're radio station app.
As I was listening, suddenly the volume was lowered, without my pushing any of the buttons. I tried restarting the phone and playing the downloaded stream again, but the volume remained lower than normal.
I then tried listening to music through Google Music Manager and I'm pretty sure the volume is not as strong as it used to be.

Normally I would listen to music with the volume at around 80% or so. Now I barely achieve that same level of loudness with the volume maxed at 100%.
Previous to this happening, 100% would be too loud.

I've read several threads and complaints about volume issues with the Nexus 4, however I haven't found someone describing exactly what happened to me, nor have I found a solution.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 - While listening to music through headphones, volume suddenly dropped & now stays that

Maybe your headphones have gone bad. That's always a possibility.

Posted via Android Central App

adifrank

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 - While listening to music through headphones, volume suddenly dropped & now stays that

LOL. Honestly, I didn't think of that!
So I happen to have an extra pair of the exact same headphones.Tried both while listening to the same track. As far as I can tell, the volume is the same for both. At any rate, I can definitely say that if there is any sort of difference between them, it is not as dramatic as the volume drop I experienced. So I think we can rule out the headphones as the culprit.

Thanks

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

LOL. Honestly, I didn't think of that!
So I happen to have an extra pair of the exact same headphones.Tried both while listening to the same track. As far as I can tell, the volume is the same for both. At any rate, I can definitely say that if there is any sort of difference between them, it is not as dramatic as the volume drop I experienced. So I think we can rule out the headphones as the culprit.

Thanks

OK. Now do a factory reset. Again worth a try.

adifrank

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

Before I do that, I guess I should backup my device.
I've never done a factory reset, nor have I ever backed up my device.
I googled it and found several sources, but each seem to say something different.
My Nexus 4 is not rooted.
Is there a recommended way to simply backup all my apps and data?

Thanks!

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Before I do that, I guess I should backup my device.
I've never done a factory reset, nor have I ever backed up my device.
I googled it and found several sources, but each seem to say something different.
My Nexus 4 is not rooted.
Is there a recommended way to simply backup all my apps and data?

Thanks!

😕 Unfortunately unlike iOS the backup feature in Android is rather lacking. Try Helium Back Up

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800