Cant connect to Wifi at Work

mbalsaritchie

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
My phone has 3 or 4 saved Wifi passwords for various locations one of which is work. I have gone back after the Christmas break, and it wont let me connect to the Internet. It shows that the wifi is available, and it looks like its connected, but cant enable a connection.

Anybody had anything similar, or know of this issue.

Nexus4 running stock, Kitkat 4.4.2

Thanks Paul

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
My phone has 3 or 4 saved Wifi passwords for various locations one of which is work. I have gone back after the Christmas break, and it wont let me connect to the Internet. It shows that the wifi is available, and it looks like its connected, but cant enable a connection.

Anybody had anything similar, or know of this issue.

Nexus4 running stock, Kitkat 4.4.2

Thanks Paul
Is it possible your password is in-correct? If not, then-
I'm pure speculating, but there's a chance your work changed its wi-fi settings so it only lets computers connect, and smartphones don't work on it? There's such a thing that exists. Check with other smartphones and see if they're encountering the same issue.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest to forge the work WiFi network from the phones WiFi settings (Settings > WiFi) then try and log back on. If that doesn't help. perhaps something was changed at the network level that may require a reboot of the WiFi system.

mbalsaritchie

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, forgot to say that everyone else can still connect, and it seems like its something on my phone. Spoke with the IT chap, and he re-entered my password, and said nothing had changed at their end.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs