Nexus 4 and Pebble. Do you have one? Do they work well together?

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I have been wanting a Pebble for a while. Since the new steel models were announced I figured I could find one of the plastic models on ebay for cheaper. I did, I managed to find a new, sealed box black model for $99 and free shipping. Pretty darn good deal IMO.

So my question is does anyone out there have this combo? Nexus 4 (running Kitkat 4.4.2) and a Pebble? If so does it work well? I have done some research and have found a few people claiming they were using the two together without issue.
One concern I had is running bluetooth all day (and how it will affect battery), because as of right now on my Nexus 4 I only use BT when I need it, then turn it off.

Anyways just trying to get some input. Looking forward to receiving my new toy! :D

Tules

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Personally the connection and such, the experience with the app is flawless.

However, I have noticed it takes an extra 5-10% per day for bluetooth on average to run it an entire day without bluetooth breaks.

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Personally the connection and such, the experience with the app is flawless.

However, I have noticed it takes an extra 5-10% per day for bluetooth on average to run it an entire day without bluetooth breaks.

IMO 5 to 10 is no biggie. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

ಠ益ಠ

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I am on android 4.4 rather than 4.4.2 but...

On the whole, I find it works really well. That being said, occasionally if I go out of range of my phone and bluetooth disconnects from the pebble and then I go back in range, it does not automatically reconnect. Sometimes to force a reconnect, all I need to do is turn the phone's screen on. Sometime I actually need to fiddle with the pebble app on the phone. YMMV. And of course once the 2.0 firmware comes out in a couple weeks, all bets are off.

And I have not noticed any particular battery hit on the phone since I got the watch.

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I am on android 4.4 rather than 4.4.2 but...

On the whole, I find it works really well. That being said, occasionally if I go out of range of my phone and bluetooth disconnects from the pebble and then I go back in range, it does not automatically reconnect. Sometimes to force a reconnect, all I need to do is turn the phone's screen on. Sometime I actually need to fiddle with the pebble app on the phone. YMMV. And of course once the 2.0 firmware comes out in a couple weeks, all bets are off.

And I have not noticed any particular battery hit on the phone since I got the watch.

Really mine connects and reconnects no problem. I am been using Pebble Locker and love it.

ಠ益ಠ

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

terdferguson3

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Works awesome for me. I find u actually save battery cause ur not turning the screen on all the time to check ur notifications.

sent from my nexus 4........while on the can.