Poll: Hangouts v Messaging

Hangouts v Messaging for SMS

• Total voters

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, as it has been a few months since the hangouts messaging integration. What app are you using for SMS on your Nexus 4? Hangouts or the original messaging app?
Explain why you use that service for SMS.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nexus 5, but I've had no issues so far with SMS or MMS using Hangouts. I like having everything integrated.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I switched over to Hangouts mainly because it was the new hotness, but honestly I don't see it as a huge improvement over the stock messaging app (since I don't really use the G+ features). It's also a lot slower to open than the messaging app. However, I doubt I'll switch back as I suspect the messaging app will be going away in the not-too-distant future, and I might as well get used to Hangouts.

amcity32

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Was on hangouts for a while, then switched to Textra. It's really fast though hangouts is pretty good also.

Posted via Android Central App via my Nexus 4

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I use Hangouts. It's not better, but it's not worse and it means one less icon to keep track of on my launcher.

ONLYuseBB10

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
tried the hangouts app as my main sms reciever but i had lots of problems with it.. i often send test mesaages twice without me knowing (and it doesn't show the message twice) and it doesn't always show the contact name and the contact picture i've saved in my contacts. so i'm going with the original app

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I recently switched back to Handcent. Although Hangouts did a great job at handling both services, I like being able to have more control of sms settings, l such as pop-ups.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I made the switch to Hangouts as soon as SMS integration was rolled out and absolutely loved it but had to switch back to stock messaging because duplicate outgoing messages were being sent out.

Posted via Android Central App