Help: Ads on home screen

Siddharth Shitut

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm getting these ads by Google on my home screen. Even when I don't have any app opened. There is no item related to the as in the notification bar.

Are these default android ads or have I installed some app which is doing this.

Can someone please help me?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help : Ads on home screen

Welcome to Android Central! It would help if you could post some screenshots, or describe these ads in more detail. Are they appearing in the Notification Bar at the top of the screen? Are they pop up windows? Do they occur when you're browsing the web using Chrome or another browser?

If they're in the Notifications, swipe down the shade and long-press the ad. Then tap App Info when it appears. That should tell you what app is responsible for the notification.

Siddharth Shitut

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Android ad.jpg

Here is the screenshot.
They show up at the home screen at random. Sometimes while browsing, sometimes while playing a game, sometimes just on the home screen.
I still havent figured out a pattern.

They never show up in the notification bar. So I can't figure out which app is causing this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Did they appear very recently? Try uninstalling your most recently installed apps one by one, and check to see if those ads go away.

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Try going to settings>accounts>Google>ads> then opt out....BTW, that's the 1st time I've heard of home screen ads

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I saw something like this recently on a SGS4 running a AOSP KitKat build, it was some kind of spyware or app that he had given permission to or something... not sure which one, no ad blocker or detector would find anything, the only thing that cleared it out was a factory reset, then even after Google Play restored all the apps, no more ads.

madridi_92

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
i have the same problem.
it's because you have added a shortcut of a web page to your home screen.
like appdroid.
delete it if you want the ads to be gone.

nickyboyparks

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I found a solution. When the ads pop up. Hit your home button for few seconds to view resent apps if using 4.2 android or whatever technique to see recent apps.
You should see the ads along with recently used apps and the ads are generated by " network service" . go into settings-apps-all apps-scroll to network service and disable or deactivate. It will work. I had the same problem.
I believe it's malware but haven't investigated further why it happen. I will email Google on the issue..

bru swillis

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Had the same problem. Go to settings,app manager and search for the app that is sending it. Cant remember its name i googled them till i found the one sending adds

Holly Martin4

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Try going to settings>accounts>Google>ads> then opt out....BTW, that's the 1st time I've heard of home screen ads

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app
I had ads appearing in Stock text app, stock phone app, and on home screen, and I did as above w Google ads, and it worked. I am about to have to do it again tho. Annoyingly enough.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

David Sher

May 6, 2015
Visit site

View attachment 102069y

Here is the screenshot.
They show up at the home screen at random. Sometimes while browsing, sometimes while playing a game, sometimes just on the home screen.
I still havent figured out a pattern.

They never show up in the notification bar. So I can't figure out which app is causing this.

Google takes advantage and people need to put them in thier place we don't want thier money making ads plastered all over our smart phone Google only care about money from the ads they plaster our screens with. I think it is low Class and should not be allowed to pop adds on people's home screen. Everyone with this problem should stand together and tell Google that they can't do this to people's phones and show them we have rights also. Take a stand against this abuse together we can stop this.

ben rigney

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site

hi everyone,this doesn't seem to have a clearcut answer for stopping googleplay tried suggestions in this and many other posts my apps were loaded 4 months ago and these ads are only from them,just used app detecter their scan claims 4apps and 58 addons !!! click on addons and it says there are none. 2 of the 4 apps are cleaner and detecter i just loaded....messed everything up so bad at this point i might as well do a reset and then put up every protection i can 1 st thing... need to find info on more google ad blocking possibilities

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Google takes advantage and people need to put them in thier place we don't want thier money making ads plastered all over our smart phone Google only care about money from the ads they plaster our screens with. I think it is low Class and should not be allowed to pop adds on people's home screen. Everyone with this problem should stand together and tell Google that they can't do this to people's phones and show them we have rights also. Take a stand against this abuse together we can stop this.

These kinds of ads aren't directly from Google. They're from 3rd party adware that gets installed alongside other apps, usually from shady or unreliable app stores. Stick with the Google Play Store for apps, to reduce your risk for this kind of stuff.

John246980

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I'm getting these ads by Google on my home screen. Even when I don't have any app opened. There is no item related to the as in the notification bar.

Are these default android ads or have I installed some app which is doing this.

Can someone please help me?

I'm having this same problem and can't seem to get rid of them

Tapia536

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

I can't get my ads off my Motorola. pop ups on any page, game, home screen it usually play store ads or ads like ""your phone is slow please download this to make it go faster"" ads like that.

jumbledsunshine

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site

I can't get my ads off my Motorola. pop ups on any page, game, home screen it usually play store ads or ads like ""your phone is slow please download this to make it go faster"" ads like that.
This is exactly what is happening to me. I can't figure out what app is causing it.