Help: Ads on home screen

Rgrg

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: Help : Ads on home screen

I also have random ads on my Galaxy Note 5 home screen (and other screens) that don't seem related to any specific app.
I have tried deleting and disabling unnecessary and suspicious apps but that doesn't seem to work.
When I tried checking in the open apps, what app does this ad belong to, it showed me that this ad belongs to android.

Screenshot_20160709-170713.jpg
Screenshot_20160709-170707.jpg

Is there a way to cancel this very annoying problem?

thedogesoft

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Its just the devs of the app/website trying to make money, otherwise it is adware. You could try browsing the web with Adblock browser, hope this helps :)

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
(Tested on mine) just go to, Settings, ,,apps,,all apps,,and select all,, apps that can be selected will be tick marked, and disable them, and then manually choose apps which you wanted to run.. and your phone will be okay.

vickyniki

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
I did what you said and in my case it shows that the ads are coming from the android download manager. Screenshot_2016-09-08-01-02-28-448.jpg I tried factory reset and didn't work. I wondered if I can install a different download manager and delete this one but it can't be done. It says is factory app. Any help please. Would be deeply appreciated. Thanks, Vicky:(

Johnny Tompkins

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It would help if you could post some screenshots, or describe these ads in more detail. Are they appearing in the Notification Bar at the top of the screen? Are they pop up windows? Do they occur when you're browsing the web using Chrome or another browser?

If they're in the Notifications, swipe down the shade and long-press the ad. Then tap App Info when it appears. That should tell you what app is responsible for the notification.
What is thisapp I can't text every other five seconds

Its a wendys ad

Last edited by a moderator:

Karmabear0221

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It would help if you could post some screenshots, or describe these ads in more detail. Are they appearing in the Notification Bar at the top of the screen? Are they pop up windows? Do they occur when you're browsing the web using Chrome or another browser?

If they're in the Notifications, swipe down the shade and long-press the ad. Then tap App Info when it appears. That should tell you what app is responsible for the notification.

Well for example when im on my home screen or any app at all, every 1 minute an ad will pop up even when im on my phone home screen and no app is opened. This just started today..

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You most likely installed adware unwittingly, alongside some other app. Try uninstalling apps one by one until the problem goes away.

Rone Peh

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
I found a solution, might not work for all cases, it did for mine though. My case was that, a window would open and subsequently it would be redirected to the Play Store featuring some game, whenever i unlock my phone. When i opened up Recent Apps, it wouldn't show a name as opposed to other normal apps. After searching numerous apps for a solution, i found this app called 'Perfect Uninstaller', it helps you search all the detectable add-ons and apps, from there i found a add-on/app being nameless, which is obviously the source of my annoying pop-ups. I deleted it and everything went back to normal.

JJasonZ

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
I have had the same problem found a rouge app called #### emulator and deleted it , no ads sins all i can't seem to get rid of is when i open my browser (any) it goes into adware sites...

Majaz

Mar 27, 2017
Visit site
Problem:
Android 7.0 Nougat, Samsung galaxy S7
A lot of graphics commercials over whole screen: after the call, while on internet, after unlocking the screen
Information in the lower left corner "Ads by StartApp".
I could deinstall the programs because I have over 150 programs installed.

Solution:
I have installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (black/blue icon)
It found the following programs with malware:
AntiDroidTheft
Anycut
Lost Android
Learn to Draw Pets
Sex Statistics
Sextube
After deinstalling these 6 programs the adds stoped apearing (one of these programs was pop-uping the comercials).

Screenshot_20160930-144932.jpg
Screenshot_20161001-184350.jpg
Screenshot_20161003-171858.jpg
Screenshot_20161006-100319.jpg
Screenshot_20161006-100332.jpg
Screenshot_20161012-100557.jpg
Screenshot_20170221-081108.jpg
Screenshot_20170318-213313.jpg

Arustyfan

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
I just bought a new S7, no software and the ads are on the lock and home screens

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170409-153706.jpg
    Screenshot_20170409-153706.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 7

bish0p34

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I was stuck on iOS for 2 years, and couldn't wait to get back to Android. Got a Google Pixel. I installed Facebook, Messenger, and Paypal. I had ads popping up on day 1 of owning the phone. I removed everything I downloaded, and it made no difference. Reset the phone, and it made no difference. Day 2 I returned the phone.

Shame. I don't like the iPhone much at all, but at least I don't get pop-ups on my home screen. Oh, and someone needs to make a decent music player for Android too.

spotifyaddict7702

May 22, 2017
Visit site
I had this problem back a few months ago. For me, it was due to the overpiling of cache data. I was generally curious and decided to install some weird launchers and apps, and about a week after doing so i started gettting ads on the home screen. Deleted the launchers and weird apps to see if the ads would go away, and they didnt. But when i went into my settings and cleared all of the app cache, i no longer got ads on my home screen. Even when you uninstall the culprit app, cache data folders from that app remain in your storage until you clear them out completely. Overtime, if you dont clear the cache, the files could get corrupted. My guess is the leftover junk files and cache from the launcher became over piled and corrupted, so thats how i started getting ads on my home screen. App ad cache gets saved too, so my suggestion here is to keep your cache files cleaned, especially after deleting apps. To do this, go to Settings>Storage>Internal Sorage> scroll down to Cache and tap it. Confirm you want cache from all apps deleted. This should clear things up if the ads have to do with leftover and possibly corrupted junk files.

Shami Sushant

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site
Everyone who has this problem can use this method
Go to apps and under all apps, check for app called C26 Essential. If its there, try disabling it. If u cant change to rom which can help you to disabled it

Cell Guru

Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
Open your edge appsif you have samsung edge and at the bottom is a settings button. Click settings and unlock the ads you see. Then all is good.

yaanimai

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
I had the same type of ads as Arustyfan above. It was the ES File Explorer File Manager app. Open the app, click on the menu icon, scroll down to "Smart Charge" & turn it off. The Smart Charge feature says "Smart Charge - Display the current charging status, storage, and new files, including sponsored content" The key is "sponsored content" when you turn the Smart Charge feature off in the ES File Explorer app the annoying ads, or "sponsored content" that display on the unlock screen stop displaying. I think the Smart Charge feature is turned on by default, probably because it is a free app. In fact if you look in Google Paystore it says it contains ads. You can install the app & turn the annoying ads off though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX