Nexus 4 false notifications

Brian Deeney

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi

For the past few days my nexus 4 has been giving false notifications approx every 5 mins
I've turned off notifications for all apps but still the notification sounds keep coming

Does anyone know why this is?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi

For the past few days my nexus 4 has been giving false notifications approx every 5 mins
I've turned off notifications for all apps but still the notification sounds keep coming

Does anyone know why this is?

Spy/adware... You installed an app and gave it permission to do this. Try Addons Detector from the Play Store to find the culprit. This is often from "free" games or music download apps.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
So to clarify, you get a notification sound, but there's no notification on the status bar or in the notifications list?

Brian Deeney

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
That's correct
I get regular notification sounds but nothing appears on status bar or in notification list
I've turned off all notifications for my apps

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings -> More and disable NFC. If the problem goes away, then you probably have something near the phone which is triggering the NFC sensor; a (mostly European) credit card, some high-end car key fobs, an employee building access card, parking lot gate card, and so on.

Brian Deeney

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks - but NFC has always been disabled on my Nexus 4
Today the false notifications seem to have stopped of their own accord - fingers crossed it will remain like that